shipping quotes and flat rate shipping

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
i am having a real problem selling items bcoz i am taking too long to come back with a shipping quote as my nearest Fed-ex or Post office is quite a drive and pretty much out of the way.

so would it be fair to offer item for sale with a flat rate for shipping?

im thinking of listing everything from now on with a shipping included price ...so that way there is no waiting for quote and save me time and trips to the terminal it will depart from.

my only concern is there will be times the buyer under pays and there will be times the buyer over pays with a flat system......so if the buyer over pays .........and is sore about it ...then what .....can a buyer really complain if its a flat price that is the same for everyone in the lower 48......or might this be a potentail issue?

Shipping can be tricky on some items, I have always had good luck with USPS. Sometimes I get burned on shipping, a few members actually sent me more money after they seen it cost more to ship which was super cool and nice of them. If I charge too much, then a refund in given. A lot of people do a "flat rate" cost, just the odd shaped, heavy or big items make it hard to judge.

If you are going to go flat rate just give a price shipped. If you want $40.00 for your item and it will cost $12.00 to ship it just price it a $52.00 shipped when you list it.

If you are going to go flat rate just give a price shipped. If you want $40.00 for your item and it will cost $12.00 to ship it just price it a $52.00 shipped when you list it.

That's how I sell most of my items here on FABO, shipping is included in my price :glasses7:

Simply list your item(s) marked X amount including shipping. in other words, don't give separate quotes for the item and shipping. Just lump it altogether.

The problem some of the odd shape stuff is hard to figure out. I also had USPS loose some center caps last year so I always put Insurance on know questions asked. Because I don't want to end up eating it.

-
Back