Shocks advice

-

POPS6T6

Reaction score
Well as usual everytime I try to figure something out, I end up with more questions than answers. I did several searches on here and got more confused than when I started!

I am currently rebuilding the suspension on my 66 Barracuda, the car will have a 360, has an oversized sway bar, 8.75 rear end, sure grip, heavy duty springs in the rear. I am using poly bushings for the entire suspension and I was going to go with the Edlebrock IAS Performer shocks for the rear, but Summit is currently out, and not sure if they will be carrying them again (I have to call again tomorrow so they can contact Edlebrock and see if they are going to get more in) so in the meantime, if I can't get those for the rear, what is a good shock for the rear, and what would work for the front? I do not want to use KYB or Monroe, hoping to improve the overall ride so want to go with a better shock. I looked at Bilsteins, but they don't offer a replacement shock for my car. I have no idea what size I should be looking at (compressed/extended) for the front, or the rear. Any advice to a size and what brand would be comparable to Edlebrock if I can't get them? And if I do get and use the Edlebrocks on the rear, what would be a good match for the front?

Thanks for any input, advice or basic sarcascm..it's all appreciated!

J

Well I went ahead and ordered the Edelbrock 33840 for the front and the Edelbrock 34840 for the rear. From what I read, these should work nicely...

-
Back