Short Saturday of 10.5 index racing

-

flyfish

C8H18+N2O = :-D
Reaction score
Just thought I would share:

First 10.5 race of the year, it was a good race, but I came up short. Quick break down: 10.5 index, instant green tree (no amber bulbs), anything goes. Basically, none of the cars in the class actually run 10.5, so there are a lot of games going on at the big end.

My setup was to run it to 1000', lift, then break at the mph cone for a 10.5x....this particular race was so tight that I gave it 1 little womp of the gas just before the stripe...which cost me the race (I was crossing at about 108mph). I probably would have run dead on with a zero or 1....oh well, next time.

I think next time I might trying killing it early in the run so I can carry more MPH at the stripe. In the time slip below I killed about 19mph, when I normally kill about 22mph (it also didn't help that my tires are going away and my 60' was crap).

Edit: I'm B410 by the way.

IMG_5961.JPG

Looks like you were workin’ it, like the Ho’s up on the next corner. Awesome that you know your ride well enough to play for Thousandths of a second.

Hang in there, your luck will change.
Had a good friend break out 1st round this last Sat. by -.0004 That's hard to take but that's racing!

Where was this at?
This was at Muncie Dragway. They have a heads up series that runs about once a month (although this year it looks like only 4 on the schedule). Numbers were low last weekend, but usually there are a lot of VERY fast street cars for the heads up classes....those are no times posted classes, but you would not be competitive without a low 5 second car or faster. They also have index classes, and an open comp class using a 0.500 pro tree.

This was at Muncie Dragway. They have a heads up series that runs about once a month (although this year it looks like only 4 on the schedule). Numbers were low last weekend, but usually there are a lot of VERY fast street cars for the heads up classes....those are no times posted classes, but you would not be competitive without a low 5 second car or faster. They also have index classes, and an open comp class using a 0.500 pro tree.

sweet. Sounds like lots of fun

-
Back