Short Shaft Slip Yoke 727's in Old Airport Tugs?

-
Tom, have you tried here?
[/URL][/URL][/URL]

No, because what I am after was a very specialized application. Most transmission supply houses no longer stock hard parts for old 3-speed transmissions anymore.

An odd extension housing and output shaft that hasn't been used for 45-years is not going to be around in a parts house.

Their shelf space is better utilised on higher margin late model parts.

Thanks,
Tom

I'm still digging, most of my 727 stuff was packed away in the very back of a storage area when I began running 904 transmissions.

I have a short tailshaft 727 that has the bolt on yoke already, but I am after the short 727 that has the slip yoke.

Tom

Doesn't look like a slip yoke like on my '72 W200.

PXL_20240804_150839310.jpg

What I am looking for wouldn't have been used on an OEM pickup, or RV application. This would have been on vocational or special use application like the airport tugs.

I have a couple of the short 727's with the bolt on yoke and those are not what I am after. It has to be short and have a normal slip yoke that slides in just like a car.

Have you had a chance to do any looking Demonracer ?

Tom

Tom, still going through my junk. No luck yet, but I have a truck load of stuff to go through.

Just checked my 74 W100 shorty 727. No slip yoke, The short shaft to the NP205 has the slip spline in it.

Perhaps that is your solution.

The 727 transmission I want has a short tail shaft with the slip yoke. A&A makes a short setup, but it deletes the governor and I want it to be able to upshift automatically.

As I've previously stated it DID NOT come in anything other than vocational, and special use equipment. What I am after never came in a pickup or motorhome.

Tom

The 727 transmission I want has a short tail shaft with the slip yoke. A&A makes a short setup, but it deletes the governor and I want it to be able to upshift automatically.

As I've previously stated it DID NOT come in anything other than vocational, and special use equipment. What I am after never came in a pickup or motorhome.

Tom
Are you Against a slip shaft set-up?

-
Back