shorty header

-
Old thread but has anyone seen a picture of the DD8 headers? I might be interested in a set.

See my thread - DD8 install. The 92 Dakota manifolds were a no-go in my 66 Barracuda, so I got Sanderson to take the DD7 driver side back and replace it with a DD8. The thread will tell the rest. The 92 manifolds are for sale - wire brushed and painted - $175.00 plus the ride - includes new bolts.

Yeah. You still have to beat snot out of brand new headers. Stupid. Plain stupid.

I found some used tube headers, donors, cheepo's and modified. No cheep way to deal with of the shelf headers. Like RRR and others said, 1000's $ and you have to beat them to fit? ..WRONG! No thanks,
Not too hard, but shorty's (block huggers) will work with mods..and they're relatively cheep. Getting around the steering is another job. I would think that the Sanderson's tighties would present the same issues with steering fitment. Unless you have $$$ to beat-up, try to make some used stuff work. Even if it's just for mock-up you can still be ahead of the game. I think some Dakota shorty tubes could be cut up to work sweet, even on the drivers side.
I took it as a challenge, and fun to do!
Larry

Attachments

• dart headers 015.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 312
  • 001.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 337
  • June 051.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 315
  • June 050.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 323
  • dart headers 003.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 301
I found some used tube headers, donors, cheepo's and modified. No cheep way to deal with of the shelf headers. Like RRR and others said, 1000's $ and you have to beat them to fit? ..WRONG! No thanks, Not too hard, but shorty's (block huggers) will work with mods..and they're relatively cheep. Getting around the steering is another job. I would think that the Sanderson's tighties would present the same issues with steering fitment. Unless you have $$$ to beat-up, try to make some used stuff work. Even if it's just for mock-up you can still be ahead of the game. I think some Dakota shorty tubes could be cut up to work sweet, even on the drivers side. I took it as a challenge, and fun to do! Larry
Looks sweet... Did you paint them or have them coated

High temp powder coating in and out from the local P.C. shop. (sorry Leanna) I went with the flat silver rather than the shinny one that would have required buffing. I did the cross-over as well. For me it looks like all the models I built as a kid. I always painted the exhaust Testers silver! I have run them all summer and 0, nada change in color! :cheers:
Larry

Attachments

• Dart Exhaust 009.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 294
  • Dart Exhaust 022.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 298
  • Dart Exhaust 017.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 301
Not a problem at all! I got out of high temp ceramic coatings a few years ago; the shipping costs to and from BFE were too prohibitive for my customers.

It looks like you got a nice quality job there! You might want to read the fine print of any warranty they may have offered and see if the use of stainless steel hardware on your exhaust and the valve covers is required. A lot of companies will not cover rust drips, and those don't look like they're stainless. :-D

Not a problem at all! I got out of high temp ceramic coatings a few years ago; the shipping costs to and from BFE were too prohibitive for my customers.

It looks like you got a nice quality job there! You might want to read the fine print of any warranty they may have offered and see if the use of stainless steel hardware on your exhaust and the valve covers is required. A lot of companies will not cover rust drips, and those don't look like they're stainless. :-D
Thanks for the heads up! Your right, the header bolts are black oxide (for now). LOL Jim at his little shop Mesa Color here in Durango is a friend and with that came the "Bro" deal so no warranty was offered or implied. If there was ever a problem with the work he did he would make it right. I wouldn't blame anyone but myself if I screwed the nice job he did with my poor choice of hardware. The valve cover bolts are SS, but that's just my rattle-can job on those.
Hmmm? Stainless header bolts? I bet they might fit in my stocking. Santa? :prayer:

-
Back