Shorty type headers Hedmann 75800

-
Is this an A-body? I don't think so.

sb

Look-good-easy-install-Sanderson-Headers-DD7-P-2016915103030561.jpg

Cool. I will search for it. You are right. The link is the right one, but the title is transposed.

The second set is built by Sanderson Headers part #DD7-P. They claim to fit A-bodies, but who knows.

Thanks,

sb

Cool. I will search for it. You are right. The link is the right one, but the title is transposed.

The second set is built by Sanderson Headers part #DD7-P. They claim to fit A-bodies, but who knows.

Thanks,

sb
I'm interested as well in the fitment of the Sanderson's. Perhaps somebody will chime in that has tried a set...... Or.....
Buy a set and do a picture/installation thread....... :)

I'd buy them, but my car is a looong way from modifying for fun....need to get it to run right first. Go figure, thought the car was a runner, not so much. Maybe I will ask Mrs Claus for them...

sb

I know local guy with the headmans. Actually his second set in about 8 years. In dry so cal weather.

Low quality junk. I saw it in a shop getting the second set put on. First set was already brazed up in many places for cracks. Second set had the headpipe flanges clocked differently. So new headpipes needed to be custom made.

If you search on FABO here you'll see there is hardly any room with that design for headpipes in an a body. It takes more than a custom muffler shop bent pipe. They will have to cut a reweld the pipe to make the tight turns. Think labor dollars added to the cost of the headers.

If you search on FABO here you'll see there is hardly any room with that design for headpipes in an a body. It takes more than a custom muffler shop bent pipe. They will have to cut a reweld the pipe to make the tight turns. Think labor dollars added to the cost of the headers.

Including the Sandersons?

sb

I put a set of the Headman shorties on my Son's 72 Dart 4 door with 360, bored 30 over, one of the members on here gave him a set of 202 valves for the heads, heads were ported and polished and shaved 50 thousandths. The only issue with the headers, the muffler shop says the A bodies are hard to get the pipe fitment. All that to say this, the shorties perform very well, the car is a beast. He is having the time of his life spanking many local cars.

I put a set of the Headman shorties on my Son's 72 Dart 4 door with 360, bored 30 over, one of the members on here gave him a set of 202 valves for the heads, heads were ported and polished and shaved 50 thousandths. The only issue with the headers, the muffler shop says the A bodies are hard to get the pipe fitment. All that to say this, the shorties perform very well, the car is a beast. He is having the time of his life spanking many local cars.

What were the labor hours billed and/or total bill for the shop to make the headpipes?

Do you have any pictures of the headpipes around the suspension where it is tight?

My big issue was the longevity and durability and total cost of install (custom headpipes can very in price depending on shop and location)

What were the labor hours billed and/or total bill for the shop to make the headpipes?

Do you have any pictures of the headpipes around the suspension where it is tight?

My big issue was the longevity and durability and total cost of install (custom headpipes can very in price depending on shop and location)
I installed the engine with the headers on the engine, I paid about $400.00 for the total system not including headers, 2.5 inch all the way out, has the best sound ever. They
seem to be holding up very well.

I think the cost of labor to form the head pipes, or the time to do it yourself, for the Hedman shorties is well worth it on a street driven car when you consider you're no longer scared of speed bumps or pulling in your own driveway. I have damaged several sets of long tube headers and even ground through one set and that was with trying to be careful. Nothing but shorties for me going forward!

I have them on my '72 Scamp...they were a little of a pain to get all put in, but the end result looks and seems to run decent. I bought 180* segments of 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from Columbia River Mandrel Bending and dropped them off with an X pipe and summit exhaust kit. I don't have any leaks from the flanges or any other welds, but I'm here to tell you changing the gaskets is no picnic...you need patience...lots of it. I don't recall the cost of the pipe segments, but the fab was like $250 or so.

There are a few other members on here with them, and there was a thread several pages about it. If I were to do it again, I'd probably just get the long tubes and be done with it. The amount of cost to buy them and then fab in mandrel bent sections was basically the same and I really don't think there's any advantage with the way I went.

Just like many things on these cars, if you want the best parts, you gotta pay for them.

scamp exh03.jpg

scamp exh05.jpg

scamp exh02.jpg

scamp exh07.jpg

-
Back