Should I do it or not??

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
Talked to Ryan Johnson today about getting Indy 360-2's They are a new head that is CNC'd and has 230 intake volume. He can make the heads work for me and fix my my pining problem with chamber volume. With 12.5 comp and a 1050 dominator I would be looking somewhere around 650 HP. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have to do something and hate to spend money and not gain any power.

Heck I could even dog the Cuda out of the hole to save parts and click off some easy 10's :D :D :D

What would you guy's do?

Stay at 530 ish HP or get the Indy's and make some real power.

What is the main purpose for your car? Where do you want it to be? Although you are asking, only you can honestly answer that and it sounds like you're sitting on the yes side of the fence waiting to fall. :p Need a push? :p

I know you Brett. Go for it you have already made up your mind anyway. Do it and you will be happy with the results.

Basically what I do with the car now is wash it aaaaand that's about it. Once in a while I go to a car show. When I do drive it I like to lean on it once and a while :D The car is a toy for me, I have no kids, my house it paid for, I work like a dog and like to endulge myself every once in a while. I am happy with the power I have now except the combo won't work with the 4 speed set up. When we built the motor I have a big stall and an auto so I had a lot of leway with tuning. I will basically have to change my existing combo which will cost $$$ or I can spend a few more bucks after selling my current heads and intake and go Indy. Then Ryan can do whatever he needs to with the chambers to make the motor happy.

Plus it would be impressive to have almost 700 HP in a street car and a small block to boot. Nothing I've done so far has made a lot of sense so I figure why stop now :roll: I have grossly overspent on this car so far but I love it and will have it till I die so if this makes me happy then why not.

Thanks for talking me into it guys, you are the best friends a guy could have! :thumrigh:

Besides, we couldn't have the LOGO car of Abodies Only be some slow wussy car :naka:

Well seeing that your expenses are on the low side (I've got 4 kids - 2 in university) then I would say go for it. I got sick and tired many years ago of the so called "streeted" cars that couldn't get out of their own way. The 400% overdriven 8-71 equipped 400 degreed cam slowboats. A toy that owes nothing to no one and can sit for periods is just what the doctor ordered to make the ultimate playtoy. But you and I and everyone else knows there is no such thing as ultimate. When you reach it the bar has been moved. And you're into heavy dollars for each mod now.

Go for it. At least you can convience yourself that this is the last mod. :p :p

Ha last my axx. Nowing brett this is only the start. But I have to say thet it is one of the coolest cudas I have ever seen. Wish I had one.

And if you guys ever get sick of upgrading your cars :pale: I always would be willing to accept donations for mine :drunken: or just give me your old project so you can start it all over again :cheers:

BARRACUDA340S said:
Heck I could even dog the Cuda out of the hole to save parts and click off some easy 10's :D :D :D

Yea that'll happen. :wink: Just get the heads & while your at it get a dana 60 to handle the power so you don't have to worry about breaking the rear again. :mrgreen: I love spending other peoples money!!

On the plus side
1. Your car will be faster and not ping
2. You will be able to brag about the parts forever
3. 100 horse for 4,000 minus old parts sold is a bargain
4. You just won 2600 in a law suit you could have lost
5. If you're not moving forward you're standing still
6. The only time you would see Mustang tail lights would be to race backwards

Negative side
1. It costs $4000.00

Old heads sold 1,500
Law suit win 2,400 (after attorney fees of 200.00)

Net outlay for new faster set up 100.00

Not having a wife to ***** about it......... priceless

Let me know when we put them on. You're buying the beer.

Yep like everyone said...Go for it :thumrigh: Then you can sell me your Eddy heads :D Let me know when you're ready to get rid of them :wink:

Nothings cooler then a domanator on a street car except maybe a 4-speed street car with a domanator :wink:

When your done with your car let me know. I'l send mine up for you to build. :mrgreen:

"Not having a wife to ***** about it......... priceless"

YOU SAID IT BROTHER!!

I'll buy the beer you bring the women :cheers:

I have an old lady but she's just one phone call to UHAUL away from being a memory if need be! :lol: Naw shee's cool!

I forgot about the law suit money! I guess that helps.

Hawaii: It looks like about 3 weeks or so and the heads should be off. If you want them just let me know and I'll save them for you.

Well I'm gonna do it, Ryan is checking into a few things for me and then I'll get them ordered.

think I might better stay away from around there, this could get ugly a 9 second grocery getter tahts what Im talking about.

Brett, It is truly a beautiful car :salut: , bar none. Are you going to get any use of it whith these mods around town. Driving this around town aren't you going to foul this motor up :shock: . High maintainence for short rides? Maybe, just maybe you should start thinking track car? Just a thought. All that hp deserves to be let out once in a while :D

Nah I think it will be fine for what I do with it. It really won't be much different than what I have now other than the heads and intake will actually flow. I'm not doing anything to the bottm end and am actually going to lower the compression.

I just talked to Ross pistons and they have a misprint in the catalog on my pistons :roll: they claim they are a neg 3cc when they are actually a +4cc. So I have about 13.1 compression right now. I'm going to drop it to 12.1 to 12.5 by opening up the chambers on the indy heads. That way I don't take a chance messing with the quench on the motor.

Once I get the rear end beefed up I will probably make a couple easy passes, ( MAYBE ) and see what she'll run. If I dog a 1.8 60ft and then lay into it I should see some 10.50's. That is if I don't scatter a bunch of parts all over the track. :D

If she would hold and I manage a 1.4 60ft it may go low 10's high 9's who knows. I would need closer to 700HP to low 10 or high 9. Scotty would know better than I would. When I asked him how it would run he just laughed so I know it will be bad a$$.

I just thought someone should mention the down side for the street. I'm only 425hp and just about idle around town.
I'm following the story on both sites.

That's cool, I had a perfectly good 425HP 340 before I stroked it. The car ran consistant 11.80's. I just can't leave well enough alone. LOL This time I do have a problem with compression though, so I have to do something.

Yep! well I hope it stays in it. LOL I will eventually break it I'm sure and then I'll have a beefy one built. I bet it will be a hand full! what do ya think :shock: :shock:

BARRACUDA340S said:
I bet it will be a hand full!
700hp on the street with a 4spd.....Ya think :shock: :shock: :shock: If you ever need a driver I'm available :D :D :D Hurry and get you new heads so I can get your old ones :thumrigh:

You are going to have to send the city a bill for sealing there streets with all that fresh rubber :!:

that is sick, Brett you realy suck because I want one and cant have it. Wonder what i can do with my BB and a 4 speed??? once I get a job I am going to start looking at a stroker for the BB they have the 4.15 cranks for $500 might have to get one and set it to the side :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: it aint over yet :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

he brett are you keeping the 8 3/4 or are you going to a dana?? I sure could use and 8 3/4 for the dart???

For now I am going to run the 8 3/4, I have 4 sets of gears already set up so I would like to keep it. I'm going to brace the axle tubes and set the pinion angle the way it should be. If it don't hold then yes I will go to a dana.

-
Back