Should I get a Car or Truck Dana 60 ??????

-

duster360

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a Dana 60 at some point. Should I get the one from Moser that has the mounting points for the pinion snubber or just get the truck Dana 60 and don't worry about the snubber and save some money? This is a street car only. Are pinion snubbers over rated? At some point I may minitub it. I am running the mopar performance XHD leaf springs. Just throwing this out there, I have the equipment to narrow the rear myself.

Yes, cut the ends off, remove the axles, install 8 3/4 ends and new axles with the correct bolt pattern.

Can you buy just the 8 3/4 ends? And I'm guessing the 8 3/4 axles work with the dana 60 differential.

Ends can be bought lots of places. Summit racing and jegs have them. You have to make sure of the spline count on the truck dana. It may have the 35 spline carrier. 8 3/4 are only 30 spline.

Truck Dana 60's are heavier. By the time you pay someone to shorten and the new ends, you will wish you had just bit the bullet and bought a Strange. To put new ends on a Truck 60, you will need a jig to make sure it's straight. You will hate yourself in ths morning

Thinking about getting a Dana 60 at some point. Should I get the one from Moser that has the mounting points for the pinion snubber or just get the truck Dana 60 and don't worry about the snubber and save some money? This is a street car only. Are pinion snubbers over rated? At some point I may minitub it. I am running the mopar performance XHD leaf springs. Just throwing this out there, I have the equipment to narrow the rear myself.

Considering the low cost and ease of use, order a Dana that is already setup to blot into your car. You'll be happier in the long run and save a lot of time. Pinion snubbers are not a street use item. If you set them up to work properly they constantly slam into the body on the street. Put people in the back seat and they either sit on it or again, bang constantly. I've run at the strip with and without them. If the suspension and chassis is right you don't need them.

The springs you have are just fine. Unclamp the rear springs and add that clamp to the front half.

Some ferd Dana 60’s were 5 lug, the tubes are thicker and the od of said tubes is 3.125. I just narrowed one for my buddy’s Duster (4 link) and I put in new gears, axles, power lok, etc. he’s got 1k in it.

C868C38B-7CDD-41AC-A1D9-42D9D96ABD37.jpeg

3E2359A2-BD1A-44B8-8AF1-ECC163751A5B.jpeg

E343ADA1-0874-4C06-B4F8-BE3294386C5F.jpeg

3214E4BB-5C0A-4819-9E95-7AA797DDD0A6.jpeg

-
Back