Should I have oil coming from manifold hole?

-

thejohnnyguy

Young Gun
Reaction score
I have never gotten this far into an engine so this may be a "dumb question" but... Should oil be coming out of the hole that the exhaust manifold bolts into? the only hole that oil comes out of on the passenger side is the one closest to the alternator and radiator.

The end hole should have a stud. If the stud is gone coolant should be coming out.

Attachments

• v8_new_old_stock_cylinder_heads.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 183
WOWOWOWOWOWO! I was like, "Sometihngs wrong!"

Glad it was coolent! WOW!

Something is still wrong.

You can't mix most green and orange coolants. Makes sludge. Not a good deal for your cooling system.

Who would put stop leak in their car???

When I was in high school my auto mechanics teacher (who worked at a Ford dealership for thousand years before becoming a teacher) would use Barrs leak in every one of his vehicles. Also any car we worked on. I mean the vehicle didn't have to leak... it was used as a conditioner from my understanding. He was a firm believer in it that's for sure.

All big three factories used a small amount of Barrs leak product in every car for decades to stop costly warranty repairs from small coolant seaps and leaks. In fact, at one point you could get brand badged Bar's Leak tablets at the dealerships.

Hpwever, with the OPs car... You need to look at the spark plugs and see if you can tell where the fluids are mixing. They shouldnt be.

All big three factories used a small amount of Barrs leak product in every car for decades to stop costly warranty repairs from small coolant seaps and leaks. In fact, at one point you could get brand badged Bar's Leak tablets at the dealerships.

I didn't know that... thanks

-
Back