Show me your Hemi scoop!

-

sefus

Reaction score
Obviously sponcered by the 6-pack thread, but...
I really want to functionality of a cowl (yes they do out perform a scoop) but cant get away formt he flat out mean and nostalgic look of a hemi scoop. anyone have some pics to help me make up my mind? thanks!

mine I made myself so it would be better porportionately to the size of the car (the fiberglass ones they sell are too large in my opinion)

Speaking of scoops...Is there a performance benefit to having a cowl induction hood or is this just a trend? I'm assuming less drag and aerodynamics and more of a clearance issue thing for high rise intakes.? And does a 6pack have more direct flowing air to the carb as its benefit?

i am not sure of the forward facing scoops and how they afect airflow inte the carb but i had a chevelle (dont kill me, i sold it) with a L88 scoop and when it was raining it was obvius that it was sucking air cause i always had a fry spot on my windscreen right behind the scoop and i could see the rain being sucked in at any speed over 20 Mph:)

Love that scoop on the Cuda's. Ron

104030283.jpg

1972Dart said:
Speaking of scoops...Is there a performance benefit to having a cowl induction hood or is this just a trend? I'm assuming less drag and aerodynamics and more of a clearance issue thing for high rise intakes.? And does a 6pack have more direct flowing air to the carb as its benefit?

Aside from the areodynamics, a cowl vents hot air more effciently than a scoop forces cold air in.

-
Back