show off your boats

-
Spend half the year on this, power: two EMD 12-710, 3000 HP each turning 9' diameter wheels/props.

13 ft Lazer Tek hull w/Polymer sheeting bolted to bottom for ground running, sb Chevy 383 roller motor, Carbon Fiber adjustable prop, Complete SS exhaust.
Home built from trailer up.

To bad I dont have a picture of my grand fathers house boat. 1964 model that had one of the old style 318. My father said back in the day (1970s) that it halled ***. He got it back in 1966 and sold it 5 or so years ago to Sea Tow because of gas prices. Good memories on that boat cruising the Hudson River.

This was mine a few years back...bought it new in 1989

RelcoFish_031_Medium_.JPG

Now I know where you got your name!

How's the fuel mileage on that baby?

Upstream against the current with loaded barges can be up to 6500 gal' per day...yep that's right. Downstream with the current lowers consumption to anywhere from 700 to eh...1400 per day.

I will jump in hear and show everyone my double hull 14' trout boat when the sun pop's up tomorrow :toothy10:
That Bass Tracker is my kind of boat Tony :cheers: I bet it was faster then most people would think wasn't it =P~
What size Jonhson is that ?

Here's ours, a 13' Checkmate with a modified 70 horse Merc. This is my son at the helm.
normal_itlgo.jpg

chrisinboat.jpg

clocked at 67mph...

atspeed.jpg

Meet Theresa C., she was built in the San Francisco bay area in 1933, (I was told) she was the #1 boat at the S.F. boat show in '34. 26' of hardwood, powered by an inline 4, she may do 8 Knots.

When I got her she was in rough shape, the roofs had 20+ coats of peeling paint, so I removed the paint and found that the fiberglass under the paint was not stuck to the wood! So I peeled that off too!!! And found this!!

2cr379k.jpg

and this,

25tujyu.jpg

2s9bzex.jpg

Dig out all the junk and rotted wood, then a penetrating coat of resin, ready for patching
10wsjgy.jpg

2nhgdi9.jpg

More later if anyone is interested.

LCjeff

A Boat is a Whole in the water you throw money in.

I have had 3 holes

View attachment WildFire.jpg

"WildFire"

My 1st boat, 73 Sidewinder 455 olds 390 HP Berkley Jet drive

View attachment IrresistableToy.jpg

"Irresistable Toy"

1985 Baja 200 Force Bought new when tired of throwing money in the jet

350 Chevy 260 HP I/O 56 mph cuddy

View attachment LemonShakeUp.jpg

"Lemon Shake Up"

77 Sidewinder 460 ford 320 HP Berkley Jet drive
Had LOTS of fun with this boat

The Baja is going to South Carolina soon. Has been 10 or 11 years since I had it in the water.

If I lived on a lake or river would like to have another Jet boat, but the lake in Indiana SUCK, too many BIG boats. So if you don't have a 30' cruiser it beats the crap out of you.

A boat is as a woman in that one can never tell specifically what is wrong and neither is ever sufficiently adorned.

Here she is with a new skin, patched, glassed and primer, notice the missing portholes.

207kc2f.jpg

2007arn.jpg

I removed all the brass, before,
155jbev.jpg

And after
2lthahy.jpg

I have to admit we also have a sailboat and my fishing buddy (who I have fished with 10+years) has a commercial salmon boat next to Theresa C.

Boats and salt water are my life, no doubt!:love7:

I'll see if I can find pics of Mea Nui.:cheers:

LCjeff

Jeff, having been there and done that re rebuilding a boat and in my case with the advice of a professional boat builder I only got three words for you. You doing good.

View attachment 028.jpgOk Guys, this boat belongs to my little sister in Miami. It all started when my Dad finished building a 22' wooden sailboat in 1962 named the Janis. My sister was born in '66 and my folks named her Janis. About 12 years ago my sister bought this 34' Irwin, she lived aboard and did most of the work herself. She has her captain's license and all sorts of other certifications. When I visit I ask for a project, usually cleaning and/or painting. There's nothing like sailing away for a weekend. Out of respect for our Dad she named the boat the Janis II.

View attachment 003.jpg

The girl in the b&w picture was a family friend...the little kid is me.
View attachment 028.jpg

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 258
Leftcoast jeff! I am very interested in Teresa C! My great grampa was a norwegian shipright in the sanfran area during that time. My dad had a double ender named Proud Mary, that looks identical to the pics. Grandpa and great grampa built it in 37. He built hundreds of boats in his lifetime. many double enders for coast guard rescue.

I don't have any pics on my computer of my girl, Shark Bait, it's a 1970 31' Uniflite hardtop express, single screw 318. I put over 200 hours on her this summer. She is my true love, takes water like no other semi displacement boat I have seen, it's a boat you can feel good in, when the seas get upwards of 8', really rare for a 31' pleasure boat........ I'll try to get some to my photobucket account, or on here.

-
Back