Show Us Pictures of 2nd Generation Barracudas

-
Hey guys,

It was good to get some feedback that there is still interest in adding pictures to the thread. I go thru periods where I wonder if we have run this thread for long enough.

We will continue!

QKCuda, pretty wild about your car showing up for sale in a black color after all the years since you sold it. Glad you caught that. Damn cool way to start the new year off.

I did a little research on the red fenders and found an article about a 68 fish rebuild. In the article it stated this:

"That was a rare option.'" Those red fender well liners were shipped in the trunk from the factory for dealer installation and were a fastback and hardtop-only Barracuda option in '68"

So I guess that is the story unless someone knows more.

Enjoy the new year...

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 1968%20Plymouth%20Ad-09.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 431
there purpose was to prevent or limit snow loading in the wells. I want them because they substantially reduce road noise inside.

Hey guys,

It was good to get some feedback that there is still interest in adding pictures to the thread. I go thru periods where I wonder if we have run this thread for long enough.

We will continue!

QKCuda, pretty wild about your car showing up for sale in a black color after all the years since you sold it. Glad you caught that. Damn cool way to start the new year off.

I did a little research on the red fenders and found an article about a 68 fish rebuild. In the article it stated this:

"That was a rare option.'" Those red fender well liners were shipped in the trunk from the factory for dealer installation and were a fastback and hardtop-only Barracuda option in '68"

So I guess that is the story unless someone knows more.

Enjoy the new year...

Ma Snart

Thanks for keeping this going. I check it out every day. Finding my old car made my day. I will try and find a copy of the original MCR article to scan.

Regarding the wheelhouse liners, Oldsmobile had them as an option on 442's as well. May have been Plymouth's idea of "keeping up with the Jones' "

Today a topless fish...

Attachments

• $_12 (14).JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 356
  • $_12 (13).JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 369
  • $_12 (10).JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 374
  • $_12 (9).JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 369
  • $_12 (7).JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 362
  • $_12 (6).JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 365
  • $_12.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 376
  • $_12 (5).JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 348
  • $_12 (3).JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 370
  • $_12 (2).JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 367
Nice pipes, MtMopar! Very well executed....

Ma Snart

attachment.php

thanks

Do not know where that came from. I found it 2 years ago some place on the internet, but has been too long ago to remember where. I tried searching for it last night but no luck. It also came in a yellow version...

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 6abf4cb6db.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 327
Concept drawings done of my car. Have yet to choose a set of rims for the "street tires".

Attachments

• Barracuda 7.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 358
  • Barracuda 6.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 346
  • Barracuda 5.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 366
  • Barracuda 4.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 330
  • Barracuda 3.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 325
  • Barracuda 2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 326
  • Barracuda 1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 344
Some recent pictures as I slowly put this car together.

Attachments

• decklid.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 360
  • garage-small.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 321
  • Home 4x6.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 352
  • George Bush Tollway 4x6.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 337
  • Loaded on Trailer 4x6.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 321
  • Edelbrock test fit #4.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 332
  • Edelbrock test fit #2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 332
  • P3690982 test fit.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 342
  • P82A04131.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 340
Hey MoseyMe, Great pics of your cool fish!

The six pack EFI looks awesome. Is that an old Weiand super stock intake?

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 346903.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 331
Where is this car? if the cars posted on this thread are for sale, can we post where they are located or any contact info?
thanks.

Be glad to tell you where I found the pics. Many of them are from for sale postings.

Which posting # are you referring to?

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Centerlines resized.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 303
Hey MoseyMe, Great pics of your cool fish!

The six pack EFI looks awesome. Is that an old Weiand super stock intake?

Ma Snart

Yes, yes it is. Mopar part # P3690982.

I bought it "new", it had never been installed on an engine. I sent it to Bruce at F&B (http://www.fbthrottlebodies.com/), he had never seen one before and was excited to get his hands on it. They did some clean up on the intake. They gasket matched the ports and did a bull nose porting on the runner entry in the plenum area. They bored the openings in the top piece to match their throttle bodies and added the adapter plate. The three 48mm throttle bodies are rated at about 1900cfm. They welded injector bungs into the runners and did the rest of the conversion to make the switch to port EFI. My intake is on their youtube video from about 55 seconds in to 1:25. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fMlCgH5OFY"]Six Barrel EFI systems by F&B Performance Engineered Products - YouTube[/ame]

I bought the injectors, computer, and other EFI hardware from Richard at Fast Man EFI. (http://www.fastmanefi.com/) Richard and Bruce work together often, Richard shipped the injectors to Bruce for the conversion.

First picture is a comparison of this intake's size to a Edelbrock RPM. It sits about 2-1/2 taller than the Edelbrock with a carb, I had to modify the AAR fiberglass hood extensively and have a custom fiberglass six pack air cleaner base made by Steven of "Custom Fiberglass Solutions" that was left blank so I could cut and modify the openings to fit the throttle bodies.

Attachments

• Compare-1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 288
  • weiand angle shot1 - small.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC02777.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 294
#4085 IM looking for a 67-69 Fastback car , auto, SB or BB. Something Central to Northern/Southern area. Just wondered if when pictures are posted to this thread if they could be identified as For Sale if they were found on a site for sale?

I scanned the magazine article on my old car. Hope this works.

Attachments

• BARRACUDA.pdf
    638.1 KB · Views: 154
  • BARRACUDA2.pdf
    622 KB · Views: 146
Here's the Rich Thomas SS/A car before it went east. Pics taken in the metal shed of Reuben Pribyl in about 1999 or 2000. He had several other hemi cars and parts as well. I had a chance to buy the car for $50k, took too long to decide and it got scooped up and flipped by a couple of the local sharks...shoulda coulda woulda

Not the Gold fish you are looking for, but another one...

Attachments

• 0_020.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 260
  • 0_024.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 253
  • 0_018.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 249
  • 0_019.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 245
  • 0_023.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 247
-