Show Us Pictures of your 1st Generation Barracudas

-
I noticed on a couple of the drag cars that the front valance was filled in, sort of a 'bumper delete' type valance. Anyone know where I could buy one of those??

Wayno
Austin, TX

My first mopar
titled.jpg

I like the early Barracudas too.

Attachments

• 64 cuda (Medium).JPG
    42 KB · Views: 395
  • 66 ply cuda (Medium).JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 396
  • stuff016.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 400
i LOVE that thick black stripe breaking up the orange , that looks fantastic ! great job

I think it looks pretty amazing too. I wonder if he is gonna continue the stripe down the valence below the bumper where the license plate would sort of hang?

I noticed on a couple of the drag cars that the front valance was filled in, sort of a 'bumper delete' type valance. Anyone know where I could buy one of those??

Wayno
Austin, TX

I don't believe anyone makes a kit or "delete" for that. I think those are all just made out of sheet metal and installed to lighten the car and remove breakable parts without leaving gaping holes.

im not sure, but it just looks like the center of the factory valance was filled in with metal to cover up the opening...

I think it looks pretty amazing too. I wonder if he is gonna continue the stripe down the valence below the bumper where the license plate would sort of hang?

i hope so, that would really finish it off...

Not a Formula S, fender emblems came when fenders were replaced. 180 hp 273, auto, power steering, a/c (not working.) Repainted 3 yrs ago after a fender-bender. I had the big rear window tinted with a semi-reflective film similar to what you see on older Lexus SUV's. I wasn't sure how it would look but I like it.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 413
Not a Formula S, fender emblems came when fenders were replaced. 180 hp 273, auto, power steering, a/c (not working.) Repainted 3 yrs ago after a fender-bender. I had the big rear window tinted with a semi-reflective film similar to what you see on older Lexus SUV's. I wasn't sure how it would look but I like it.

Looks good, do you have a picture from the backside of the tinting? The guy who installed the tint would really have to know what he was doing to get the curvature of the window right.

Looks good, do you have a picture from the backside of the tinting? The guy who installed the tint would really have to know what he was doing to get the curvature of the window right.

Thanks. It was done in three sections. The center part and two on either side. A member of the Early Valiant and Barracuda site had his done this way. The tint guy swore he could do it in one piece, ended up wasting a lot of material. I tried to tell him...but yes he did a good job.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 395
The yellow 66 belonged to my brother in law, he sold it in 04. The guy who bought it black powder coated all the chrome that took years to find and wheels then called back 3 months later wanting to sell it back.

Attachments

• c47-14.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_6426 (Medium).JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_5877 (Medium).JPG
    142 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_4517 (Medium).JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_4516 (Medium).JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_2395 (Medium).JPG
    187 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_1851 (Medium).JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 366

Attachments

• 100_3663.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 363
  • 100_3662.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 360
  • 100_3661.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 343
  • 100_3660.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 391
My project... Mechanicals are all done now it's time for the interior and then on to paint & body.

Attachments

• Cuda 55.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 375
  • Cusa 54.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 377
  • Cuda 6.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 369
  • Cuda 68.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 381
My project... Mechanicals are all done now it's time for the interior and then on to paint & body.

Nice car. Those wheels look excellant on the car. Glad it is you who has to clean them and not me - LOL! I had a Trans Am with the honeycomb wheels and my fingers still hurt from cleaning thoses damn wheels.

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 250px-Barracuda_laban.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 366
Heres our '65 Barracuda project

Its an original Commando 273, 4 speed, car but its NOT a Formula-S car!!! We have the fender tag & build sheet to prove it. About as cheap as you can get so we know its sole intention was to :burnout: lol! It still has the original, running drive train in it too!! It even has the factory hp 273 single exhaust with the original resonator on it. It sounds so sweet!! Right now its sitting with out the engine/trans in it cause it needs a clutch. :banghead:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6n-EpOX0Ag"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6n-EpOX0Ag[/ame]

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 367
  • 5.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 360
  • 4.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 334
  • 3.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 370
  • 2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 364
  • 1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 344
Nice car. Those wheels look excellant on the car. Glad it is you who has to clean them and not me - LOL! I had a Trans Am with the honeycomb wheels and my fingers still hurt from cleaning thoses damn wheels.

Ma Snart

Yeah they're a pain to clean so I try not to get them dirty!

Awesome. It is a sweet looking car. Looks like a very smart buy.

Look forward to some more pictures!

Ma Snart

You beat me to it with pics, but here it is again.....just now it's sitting in my driveway. Drove it home today and had a great time doing so...it's amazing how friendly people are when you're driving a beautiful old vehicle, always smiling, asking questions, gawking, and giving you thumbs up.

Attachments

• IMG_0370.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0372.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_0369.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_0373.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_0371.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0368.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0376.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 307
Congrats on the nice catch. Glad to hear you are already enjoying the new fish. Have fun with that nice car.

Ma Snart

-
Back