FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can't decide....
1960s Surfboard
20191126_145936.jpg

Or 1950s Head skis

20191126_150124.jpg

Sure!
But the point is don't stop driving these cars. Our dads drove them year round. That being said I would not drive mine in the salty slush, (rust free SoCal car)

What changed?
$3,200 in 67 is about $25,000 in today's dollars. About the going rate for a nicely (not professionally) restored dart.

It was too cold to actually get out <LOL>... I just pulled over for a minute to put the top up. This was on the highway to Lake Tahoe.

IMG_4973.JPG

Drove mine a couple of winters. My brother in law always talks about how I was passing him and everybody in a snow storm on Rt 93 here just out of Boston. lol People would freak out just seeing it out that time of year. Bought it in 1985 with 100K drove it to 200K just finished Resto last year. May get a Pic this weekend as snow is predicted.

DT.jpg

I know exactly where yhat pic was taken, Capels lake HWY 88, your in the turn out by the dam. Thats a good fishing spot.
:)

You are right! This was in April a few years ago.

Another trip... I once stuffed my fastback into a drift on 66 out of Ashland OR heading to K-Falls. This was before digital cameras or cell phones, for that matter, so no pix. Night was falling, it was snowing hard, there was nobody on the road (deep fresh powder with no ruts), we were getting a little nervous sitting there half on and half off the road. But the volunteer fire department was heading home and they yanked us out with their big 4x4. After they split, I discovered that the entire engine compartment was solid ice (the fan had pumped it full of powder which melted then froze) which I chipped out with a screwdriver only to discover the fan belt had snapped. So even though it was 8º outside, the motor overheated in minutes (no circulation). So it was run for a minute, shut off and coast, then sit and wait. It was pretty damn cold in the cockpit, I will tell you (no heat!) — had to roll down the windows so the windshield didn't freeze over on the inside. By around 9pm we made it to a small town where the only thing open was a bar, with a pot-belly stove that was very welcome. My buddy waved the broken belt in the air and called out "anybody have a fan belt for a 67 Barracuda?" and half a dozen guys responded — it was that kind of place. A guy finished his game of pool and went out and came back with an armful of belts. Ah, fun in the snow.

Here's my Ragtop Dart and my son's WRX . We just got hit with 2' of snow. Glad I got my cover on in time.

Winter Dart.jpeg

Winter WRX.jpeg

-
Back