Show us your custom parts!

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
Show us what you have done to your cars.. Anything custom. like dashboards, consoles, gauge panels. ETC so show us what you guys have done. I would like to get some ideas for my 72 street car....

One of the many things I have done to my F.
I don't have any pics of the custom stuff for the dart, my camera died and I would rather buy car parts then a camera.

DCP_4389.jpg

So many mods on this car, but most of them are so subtle they look like they were meant to be there from the start.

And many more to come.

1-4.jpg

3.jpg

notag2-1.jpg

1-3.jpg

Last pic, my first car show ever with the interior not in yet, but it still managed to win best of show amidst some high dollar Government Motors and FoMoFo's.
I thought the guy was joking but I guess they liked it so I gave the crowd a nice show when I left. he, he.

I think one my favorite mods is the front portion of the rear wheel lip stretched 1.5 inches forward for big tire clearance and it looks factory.

So many mods on this car, but most of them are so subtle they look like they were meant to be there from the start.

I think one my favorite mods is the front portion of the rear wheel lip stretched 1.5 inches forward for big tire clearance and it looks factory.

Beautiful work, not much more I can say…

Thanks Ax, and Varlo, I've been bustin *** trying to get the bugs worked out including, but not limited to, fuel leaks at fittings, trans leak, oil leak, coolant leak, performing my best "eyeballed" front end alignment which has been pretty darn straight considering the lack of proper equipment.
Had a hard time getting the side window glass in, adjusted properly and had to fabricate some of my own parts for a couple rollers and other odds and ends that were missing or broken.

Gawd, those quarter glass installs are such a pain in the ***, but after the first one, the second one goes alot smoother.

I plan on building my own headliner out of a fiberboard panel or two pieced together since the factory headliner will interfere with the roll bar.

I'm gonna install the carpet, race harnesses and door panels soon as I save up for that, install some custom panels in the trunk and maybe, just maybe install the factory rear seats but it's gonna take some shaving of the seat frames to compensate for the mini tub geometry deviations from stock.
I was thinking of building a false seat back and bottom but using the false seat bottom as a storage box for tools and stuff.

The trunk floor will be cleaned up with some nice, black paneling and carpeting, and I still have yet to start working on a custom center console.

Eventually I will step up to the plate and have a pistol grip shifter popping up out of the floor to say hi, and the tach needs to be up on top of the dash once I fab up a bracket for that.

This stuff does not happen overnight, maybe for some, but for me this car has taken 8 very long years to get to this point on a poor man's budget so if I can do it, anyone can.
Just takes time, patience and level headed spending enough to keep the Wife happy.

this housing was a lot of work ha
dodgedart010.jpg

shaved handles, had to make this hole setup
100_02171.jpg

working on the counsil
dart002.jpg

door pannels to be made
Clipboard01-1.jpg

dash, obviously
dodgedart020.jpg

dodgedart024.jpg

kinda custom, had to do some cutting for them to fit
dodgedart064.jpg

this housing was a lot of work ha
dodgedart010.jpg

shaved handles, had to make this hole setup
100_02171.jpg

working on the counsil
dart002.jpg

door pannels to be made
Clipboard01-1.jpg

dash, obviously
dodgedart020.jpg

dodgedart024.jpg

kinda custom, had to do some cutting for them to fit
dodgedart064.jpg
this is by far one of the coolest most bitching Darts ive EVER seen. i love the old style cross ram. nice dash too.

Here is an ashtray delete I did. I did not want to cut up my car but I have been looking for some ways to lighten it up a bit so this is what I did. It don't take off a lot of weight but every little bit helps. Looks stock but it is not. Want to put the stock one back in just unscrew this one and screw the stocker back in.

100_1265.jpg

100_1266.jpg

100_1267.jpg

Hey burnt...love the radio and ashtray delete!!!! here's a couple mods to the waggin,nuthin raceylike you guy's are doin but it's what I did....ya'll kinda inspirin meeeeeeeeeeee for the next build!!!:wav:

lilheadliner.JPG

c.JPG

switchpanel.JPG

tagginshagginwaggin.JPG

Joe440,
Its been a while since I saw your project, its comming along great and the design for the door panels is really sharp! Cant wait to see it done.
Andrew

I made these spark plug adapters to use the much better 3/4" reach spark plugs in big block heads(except the 452 heads with tapered seat plugs)that use 3/8" reach spark plugs in oem cast iron heads. The result is a modern plug design, that does not foul, faster cold and hot starts and more performance and gas mileage. These will fit any engine that uses the 3/8" reach plug including poly engines and early LA engines. These do work and are easy to install!

DSCN1740.JPG

Custom shifter bracket for my hurst quarter stick. The black bracket houses the IR Repeater to control the trunk mounted stereo, fast idle solenoid switch and oil pressure waring light.

P1010127.jpg

I am working on another one right now.

I weighed the glove boox door the other day and it was 3 pounds. My plan is to knock a 1/2 pound or more out of it. I have a spare door off a parts car I am going to use. For the most part I am going to hack out some metal that don't need to be there and drill it full of holes. LOL I am going to make it to where it looks stock when the door is closed. I will put up some pics when I am done.

-
Back