Show us your custom parts!

-
Nothing Major,

Jut a Fitting so I can connect my Braided Line to the Tank without getting the tank modded.

19042009124.jpg

Well, So far I've made all of my own interior panels. From scratch. The ones that came with the car actually were too far gone to get a good template. So I made these. And am doing a slightly different shade of gold as well. I just finished installing my new wiper pivot seals, so now I'll be finishing up my interior this next week or so. The whole rest of my interior I'll be doing myself as well. I've already covered the seats with the same material. And the whole cargo area of my '65 barracuda will be something different too. I wont give that away right now though.

all of the panels001.jpg

all of the panels004.jpg

So are there any companies out there still making complete dashes for our cars or have they all gone out of business?

I'm ready to start mocking up my dash because I have a 5" MSD tach and the factory dash is too narrow.. I'm thinking or building one from scratch, but if there are plain aluminum ones out there, that may be an option as well..?

Eric

thanks, yeah i made them. a lot of work but im happy. they really sound good too.

the dimmer mounts with 2 self tapping screws, you can move it over to clear or put it anywhere youd like.

Air ride set up with OD transmission and ex cut outs in console all under the stock lid.

What to do with unused heater controls next.

Mop

100_2302_00w.jpg

100_2305_00w.jpg

100_2320_00w.jpg

100_2322_00w.jpg

im sure yall have all seen my door panels by now,but here they are again anyways8) also the door panels for jasons car.Im ready to see them in his car,they are so nice.

dart door panels 005.jpg

dart door panels 006.jpg

025.jpg

021.jpg

jasons door panels 003.jpg

jasons door panels 007.jpg

jasons door panels 008.jpg

jasons door panels 009.jpg

Toby, Those are cool but why did you paint a Miller sign on just one of them??? :lol: Outstanding..are those for a car with a bee stripe??

Here is the custom pistol grip (third try..) with LED back light and 4-speed pattern under silver paint..

IMG00008 (Small).jpg

IMG00013 (Small).jpg

IMG00070 (Small).jpg

IMG00073 (Small).jpg

Just perusing through- lotsa good ideas, really like the Aussie instrument cluster and the speaker kick panels (The Direct Source use to sell a-body speaker/kick panels but they seem to be out of business).

that pistol grip is some serious work. would love to have a 4 speed in my duster just to have that back lit shifter.

Toby, Those are cool but why did you paint a Miller sign on just one of them??? :lol: Outstanding..are those for a car with a bee stripe??

Here is the custom pistol grip (third try..) with LED back light and 4-speed pattern under silver paint..
I didnt want jason to get too drunk while driving his dart with the hemi in it!LOL.They go to Jason's(uscgcharger) 68 dodge dart,if you want to see the rest of the car,you might understand why i painted his door panels this way.

I got my airbrush back out,been 2 years.I decided to have a little fun with a set of rear louvers for my Daytona(sorry it's not my A-body)

000_1217.jpg

Jon, The pistol grip was a combination of two prototypes one was a shaped block of wood to get the feel of what I was doing (split right down the middle due to a HARD shift) and the other was a standard knob that I made a new inlay for and thought...wouldn't it be cool if that lit up. Improved on both designs and that is what I got. :) I still need to take some pics of the stick itself, funny looking thing that made to move the grip to the center of the car.

Toby, I did look up Jason's dart... Very nice indeed

Modtop, Can't wait to see the door panels done! I had asked if anyone had done something like this more than a year ago ( no one responded ) and was thinking about something like that but I was more than a little unsure of my fab skills at the time.

James, Nice kick panels..... one of these days I'll pm you for some advice..

This is a really cool thread, everything from body mods to spark plug adapters, keep 'em coming guys :cheers:

here is what to do with worthless old heater controls that won't be used with new AC system.

Heater off/low/high = Fuel pump relay switch.
Warmer air slider = Air ride pump relay switch via micro switch attached on back.
Defrost/floor slider = Electric fans relay switch via second microswitch attached on back.

The switches mount very sano on the old cable strap bracket part of the assembly as you can see.

Now install back into dash bezel and the whole thing goes in tonight.

Mop

100_2324w.jpg

100_2325w.jpg

Here's what I'm doing for the Demon. The dash stripe was part of the test of the decor. The material that is going into the strip will be the same as the instrument cluster. The seat belt idiot light has been filled with an illuminated switch for aux lighting.

DSCN1847s.JPG

Dash_small.JPG

DCsmall.JPG

Out standing thread :cheers:

Only custom work I have dun hehe:-D speakers hid in the picnic basket :toothy10:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv%20015.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv%20017.jpg

Here's what I'm doing for the Demon. The dash stripe was part of the test of the decor. The material that is going into the strip will be the same as the instrument cluster. The seat belt idiot light has been filled with an illuminated switch for aux lighting.
Wow, that reminds me of the factory dash in my long since sold '72 AMX. I loved how it looked! BTW, where did you get the material?

-
Back