1bass.jpg

2bass.jpg

bass.jpg

I have two - '79 Les Paul Standard
attachment.php

'03 Melody Maker with a smokin' P-90
attachment.php

I like tone.

Yes that is my 2006 Les Paul Gold Top Deluxe. Very sweet and after I had the fretboard milled by Mark Erlewine of Erlewine Guitars Austin Texas, it plays by itself. Too bad Gibson does not set up thier guitars very well anymore. I mean it "met" thier standards just did'nt meet mine!

And yes that is me on stage! 2008 CD Release!

Very true on the resources involved. Many years and commitment involved.

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas
I have heard that about some of the newer Gibson's factory set-up being "less than satisfactory". A couple of LP forums I belong to often refer to their newer Gibby's in that manner. And as is your LP, they just love 'em when set up the proper way. I haven't tried a newer LP, so I can't say one way or another, as my newest is a '90. Anyway, great pics, great studio (you must be very proud!!), great guitars!!!

Hey there cuda34067, I'll tell ya, back in the middle to late 80's when I was but a young man, I did a lot of Zydeco music in Ann Arbor at the Blind Pig, Ricks American Cafe, at the Frog Island Festival in Ypsi, Ricks in Lansing and at a bunch of outdoor festivals in and around SE Michigan. Sadly, Zydeco sort of fell out of favor and you can hardly even see the big acts come through anymore, except for Buckwheat, he still comes to the Ark in Ann Arbor and to the Magic Bag in Ferndale. Gone are the days of Beau Jocque, Terrence Simien, and Chubby Carrier, who would just flat out demolish any venue they came too. I used to work the Frog Island Fest and after Terrence came to town, we would always have to re-tighten the stage the morning after his performance!!!

As for my band now, we have been pickin' it up since 1989, and can be found all over town. Go to companyofstrangers.com or check out our facebook page, Company of Strangers music. We have a small lull right now, but we always do a lot of outdoor festivals in the summertime. FYI, I'm the handsome one on the upright!!!LOL!!! Maybe we'll see you around town sometime, just come up and introduce yourself!!! Geof
Thanks for the update and website. I'll be visiting soon to find out more info. Hopefully see you sometime this summer. Thanks again Geof!!

Nice bass rig and basses yellow68runner!! Pics look a little dated. Are they current? Any plans on expanding you "family of basses"? Great pics!!

Here`s my two main electrics, both are 1990 Paul Reed Smiths. The left one is a Custom 24 and the right one is a CE-24.

DSCN0075 (Large).JPG

Not a good pic, but here's my Squier accoustic in a "still life" :-D I took the morning after a particularly good party last summer.

Rolandscamp9.jpg

Fastback, great collection of guitars and basses man!! Are there any plans to expand your "family" in the future?

Well.... my 8 string is off to Michigan to a new owner and the 5 string Yamaha is still on e-Bay. But here's my newest addition: 2007 Ibanez BTB 405QM. This thing is a MONSTER...... Best sounding guitar I've owned yet.
Ibanez_BTB006-vi.jpg

Ibanez_BTB005-vi.jpg

Tonight I get to un-cork it at rehearsal. We're auditioning new drummers and this will be my first time running it through some horsepower. I can't wait until I use it live with my current stage gear.

Picture063-vi.jpg

Say hello to my little friend..... Gallien Kruger 1001RB amp, G-K 4 X 10" w/horn, and a single 18" Carvin. Yeah.... I can move some sound.

I also use a Boss Tuner, Overdrive, & Chorus. An Ernie Ball Volume pedal, and a Zoom effects processor round out my audio assault.
8)

As a reply to my own post I must say this:

I might grow old, but I'll never grow up.....

GRM084-vi.jpg

Here's the one I just ordered yesterday. Should be here in 6 weeks they said (back ordered). '72 Telecaster Custom reissue, black with a rosewood fretboard.

72custom.jpg

Here's a few.......The latest custom Strat project is first, then a classic Silvertone Semi-Hollow (beautiful Jazz tone), my Precision Bass, my custom-shop Strat, and an Italia Rimini 12 string (best 12 on the market, in my opinion). When I ain't buildin' cars, I'm buildin' guitars.

116_1643.jpg

116_1644.jpg

116_1647.jpg

116_1645.jpg

116_1649.jpg

Starting my granddaughter Macy out early, she is 3 know. There sure are some nice Guitars and equipment and sound rooms here in this thread =P~=P~

MACY 2010 Guitar and Buddy 007.jpg

MACY 2010 Guitar and Buddy 008.jpg

MACY 2010 Guitar and Buddy 009.jpg

MACY 2010 Guitar and Buddy 011.jpg

Here's one my buddy just finished up while it was drying. It's called the Freedom Machine, (unofficial project name was Obama Slayer, haha).

55681460506307185982057.jpg

-
Back