Show us your vintage vinyl

-

charliec

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
VudC5vdXRsb29rLmxpdmUubmV0QDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1iNDM1LWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhYSIsImhhcHAiOiJvd2EifQ.jpg

VudC5vdXRsb29rLmxpdmUubmV0QDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1iNDM1LWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhYSIsImhhcHAiOiJvd2EifQ.jpg

Circa 1972. My favorite album. Walter Rossi was ahead of his time in my opinion.
390334EE-5215-4440-92B0-C3EBC32386BD.png

420CBB05-9F3C-4B9E-AAEC-7279B4472163.jpeg
There are more at my father’s house. We had a jukebox, so lots of 45’s. Beatles, Elvis and the like. Kiss LPs somewhere too as I had a phase when I was about 12

I like her.

Got more?

Lovin Spoonful had more than 2 hits?

How about some broken vinyl? This happened saturday...heard a crash in the garage and I'm like "not my car!"..turns out it was my entire vintage stereo system cabinet ripped out of the wall and fell on dryer after I installed a 2nd cassette deck.
PO built it with drywall screws into plaster walls! :mad:

Vinyl casualty on the tossed turntable was AC/DC Who made who. Luckily nothing was broken beyond repair, things were saved, hanging from power cords, speaker wire and RCA jacks! All that **** on the floor came down when the cabinet gave way. I built a proper shelf system with 3 tracks and 3 shelves on double hangers using 9 toggle bolts. the wall will come down before these shelves will. Check out the dent on top of the dryer! I got that album on CD anyway.....and cassette.
damage.jpg

Lovin Spoonful had more than 2 hits?

How about some broken vinyl? This happened saturday...heard a crash in the garage and I'm like "not my car!"..turns out it was my entire vintage stereo system cabinet ripped out of the wall and fell on dryer after I installed a 2nd cassette deck.
PO built it with drywall screws into plaster walls! :mad:

Vinyl casualty on the tossed turntable was AC/DC Who made who. Luckily nothing was broken beyond repair, things were saved, hanging from power cords, speaker wire and RCA jacks! All that **** on the floor came down when the cabinet gave way. I built a proper shelf system with 3 tracks and 3 shelves on double hangers using 9 toggle bolts. the wall will come down before these shelves will. Check out the dent on top of the dryer! I got that album on CD anyway.....and cassette.
View attachment 1715507645
That happened to me once. Destroyed a bunch of 78 RPM antiques. Those things are crazy heavy and very brittle. Total loss.

Something went "south" on the south side one evening. Not missing those vinyls.......

upload_2020-4-14_13-27-29.png

Just a small collection. The turntable rack was made out of an old waterbed hutch. The Technics direct drive turntable I bought in 75 in Japan when I was in the Navy. Has a quad stylus.

3A9A133E-A438-4C26-B696-8FFC669B900A.jpeg

Are those "Allegro" speakers?

I still have a few laying around. Some of the older ones……….

upload_2020-4-17_15-42-15.png

I'd like to do a full pictorial of my album art, but I think @Joeychgo would ban me from the site for sucking up every scrap of available bandwidth.

DSCN0225.JPG

DSCN0226.JPG

Oh yeah, I almost forgot what they get played through...

DSCN0227.JPG

-
Back