shroud

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would there be any difference in later years? I have one in very good shape, I think it came off a '74 Duster with /6. I can get pics and part no. tomorrow if you are interested.
C

the number on the V8 shroud ends with 614. The slant 6 shroud number ends with 096 or 069 I forget. Not a heck of a lot of difference between the two. Fan hole offset is almost exactly oposite. V8 shroud goes in the slant car upside down, or slant 6 shroud goes in the V8 car upside down. The 614 shroud is reproduced. The correct slant 6 shroud is not. Hope this helps

My problem is this....my 68 Dart was a slant 6 car. Now I have a 340 but still use the original slant 6 radiator. So the rad is not centered withthe fan on the 340. I suspect I have to move the radiator and then I can could possibly use a V8 shroud. Does this sound liike a plan guys or am I missing something.

Not exactly right. The only difference in the slant and V8 radiators is the hose locations and core thickness in some cases.
The fan isn't centered to the radiator with any engine. That's why either shroud will have a offset. If you relocated your radiator to centered with the fan, niether shroud would work. Hope that makes sense.

My problem is this....my 68 Dart was a slant 6 car. Now I have a 340 but still use the original slant 6 radiator. So the rad is not centered withthe fan on the 340. I suspect I have to move the radiator and then I can could possibly use a V8 shroud. Does this sound liike a plan guys or am I missing something.

I think the best thing to do would get a V-8/340 radiator and the shroud that goes with it. You could also put a 1970 340 radiator in it(cheaper than buying a round top 1969)and a shroud, I think the shroud you would need then ends in "324". Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

Thanks all. We've got a big mopar event up here this weekend. I hope to find what I need there to avoid shipping. If not, plan B kicks in.

I think the best thing to do would get a V-8/340 radiator and the shroud that goes with it. You could also put a 1970 340 radiator in it(cheaper than buying a round top 1969)and a shroud, I think the shroud you would need then ends in "324". Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

That would be great if readily available and affordable.
A brand new radiator is a better bet than any 40+ yr old one.
Spending a small fortune on a engine build then skimping on the radiator is a mistake. I've been there done that.
you dont absolutely have to widen the core support opening to install a 26 inch radiator but It will work even better if you do.
I have a decent used 22 inch radiator ( part # 38086 ) I could offer but I couldn't recommend it with a new engine build and I dont have the # xxx614 shroud for it.

Keep in mind that 70 & up v8 water pumps (alum) don't exit in the same places as 69 & under (cast iron). I would pick the radiator that matches your water pump so you can use the correct hoses to match it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back