Shutz gun quarter panel undercoating results

-

1MeanA

Reaction score
I just sprayed my quarters. This is the heaviest texture I could get with a Shutz gun....good enough but not as heavy as the factory. Its just a Dominion Sure Seal paintable rubberized undercoating over top of 2K epoxy primer. I also sprayed a patch near the front (no pic) with a spray can and it gave a similar finish.

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

shutz1.jpg

Nice. Thanks for posting the pics! I hope to do my A body this year, this helps.

Have been using Body Shutz for over 40 years.Works for me.Prep is the key.
It's almost the same texture as rattle can bed liner paint that also works well.

It looks like you did a really good job! After they set up for a bit, spray them body color before you install them, and you will be way ahead of the game.

:thumbsup:
I’m debating spraying it now or after it’s installed like the factory did. They did a pretty good job spraying the trunk.

Yeah, if you want it to look factory, then do it after installation. The only thing doing it before would offer is better protection going forward, but our cars won't ever have to live the kind of lives they did when they were new....and just transportation. What you have already done with the epoxy primer, weld thru primer and undercoat is 50 times better than the factory did.
:thumbsup:

Looks good to e. BodySchultz and heavy rubberized undercoat are two differnt things. I use both in different places.

-
Back