Sick 4spd

-

Robbie2734

Lambcharger
Reaction score
I have a 833 for my Barracuda that shifts hard 1st to second, I think it's the syncros...but it doesn't grind. I need some info. On the pad are the nos or183276 the case has pp8333409. Anyhelp would be appreciated. :cussing:

The guys here said to check my clutch adjustment when I had the same problem last week. I also changed the fluid to a thinner weight syn. Works much better now. I laso double checked my shift plates for perfect alinement.
Hope this helps... Bud

hi,i did the slick shift into a 833 with autom.oil trans,and the transmission go much softly and you can use it in street without any preblem,im race with a dual force diafragm and a metallic disc,all of them are into a dodge gtx crate 380 hp, sorry for my english,if anybody know spanish i could write better and someone could translate me, sorry again. :sad:

(1) Check your motor mounts and trans mount. Do you have a torque strap? Broken mounts or loose bolts will allow the trans to move and do strange things. (2) Get under the car and check your linkage while some one is moving it from 1st to 2nd. If you don't have the bushings, clips, and washers on the shifter rods they can flop over and rub on the 3-4 rod and cause a slight bind while shifting. (3) A wore out shifter box can do that, too. If those 3 things are ok...my guess would be the syncros. Usually when you start to get a grind going into reverse you need to adjust the clutch.

You didn't say what year of baracuda. If you have a 64-66 use the steel bracket only off of a dodge pickup INSTANT SOLID MOUNT!!!

It's a 67 with new motor mounts and a slightly used trans mount. I think I'll take it to Passon and let them go thru it..

-
Back