Side Glass Weatherstripping

-

69Dart4Me

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am replacing all of the glass in my 1969 Dodge Dart two door and I am hoping someone can answer a question about the side glass windows. There is a metal strip on the front side glass that butts up against the rear quarter glass. Inside that metal strip there was a seal of some kind. On my car it was so old and brittle I had to like cut it out with a razor knife (total pain in the @ss). Anyway, does anyone know what that seal is called or where I can buy replacements. Thanks in advance.

Louis

Yes, I talked to a guy at the paint shop and he gave me a tip I'm gonna try. Since I probably won't be able to find the seal for the Stainless guide, he said to use some cloth tape like the kind they wrap the wire harness with, and tap the stainless guide back on and then trim with a razor blade. Sounds like it might work so I'm gonna try it.

is the item on ebay not it? those slide right in the stainless 1/4 glass trim, fit very nice & your done. I would think most after market compaines would have these-- Dante's , Dales, year one ETC... check around you might find a better price. I think they are simply called 1/4 glass seal. Lawrence

-
Back