Sideline in Oklahoma

-

JonnyB

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I’ve been a frequent visitor to the site and have gleaned quite a bit of information and advice indirectly through your collective knowledge and experience so thank you. I decided it was time for me to get in the game considering I’m in the beginning phase of my first big project and because of the overwhelming list of consequential decisions that lay ahead.

I have a 74 dart sport that I picked up disassembled, mostly in boxes with plenty of extra parts, a worn out la360, two 727s, two 8-3/4 rear ends with housings too long, a 73 duster drag car shell for panels and patches, plus a few other performance parts I’ve collected. I’m hoping to combine all of that into a fun street cruiser that I can occasionally take to the track.

Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers now or in the inevitable trials to come.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome from Texas, keep us posted with pictures of your progress. Once you get all of the parts sorted as to what you need, resist the thought of selling stuff off until you are 90% of better complete with your build.

Welcome and good luck with the project!

Keep in mind that the front end sheet metal and trim (fenders, hood, grille, bumper, etc) of a Dart Sport is different from Duster so you won’t be able to only use some front end parts from the Duster on the Dart Sport. All or none are your options for using the Duster front end parts.

Keep in mind that the front end sheet metal and trim (fenders, hood, grille, bumper, etc) of a Dart Sport is different from Duster so you won’t be able to only use some front end parts from the Duster on the Dart Sport. All or none are your options for using the Duster front end parts.
Check with Browne Salvage, Sunset, Tx N of Decatur for needed bone parts. Good guys IMHO

Thank you! I was trying to figure out why the hoods and various other aspects of the front end were different. I had not noticed the fenders weren’t interchangeable though…
Good thing both sets are in pretty good shape so I’m not forced one way or the other.

Hello everyone,
I’ve been a frequent visitor to the site and have gleaned quite a bit of information and advice indirectly through your collective knowledge and experience so thank you. I decided it was time for me to get in the game considering I’m in the beginning phase of my first big project and because of the overwhelming list of consequential decisions that lay ahead.

I have a 74 dart sport that I picked up disassembled, mostly in boxes with plenty of extra parts, a worn out la360, two 727s, two 8-3/4 rear ends with housings too long, a 73 duster drag car shell for panels and patches, plus a few other performance parts I’ve collected. I’m hoping to combine all of that into a fun street cruiser that I can occasionally take to the track.

Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers now or in the inevitable trials to come.

View attachment 1716259619

View attachment 1716259620

View attachment 1716259621

View attachment 1716259623

gether done ---

Welcome from Shawnee. Got an extra trunk lid?

Hello everyone,

View attachment 1716259619

View attachment 1716259620

View attachment 1716259621

View attachment 1716259623
Welcome. That’s a good haul of stuff!

-
Back