Sigh. Another winter in storage.

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
Well, yesterday was a warmer day. It was about 55 degrees, so I took the Dart out for a spin and a final car wash. I ran into a newer Mustang GT with the custom plate of PONYPWR. I couldn't let that slide, so after a small verbal insult, I embarrassed him in a race. The last Mustang GT I raced was so close that I'm pretty sure the beak on the Dart was the only thing that got me the win. This time it was several car lengths. I drove it home, let it cool off, and threw the cover on with a sad smile. Another season gone. Just in time, too, because we are supposed to get 2-4" of snow tonight. Five months and she should be back out again!

View attachment Dart storage.jpg

I hear ya buddy. Think I had the Duster out about 4 times this year. Once was for the
Mopars in the Park. Wish I could of gotten it out more. With the old house and now the
new one. Just didn't get the time.

My last ride didn't go well. The Duster stalled and I barely got it home. Might be a clogged fuel filter. Have not messed with it yet. Glad yours went good!

Time for a skyte.......drive all year round here.....doesn't snow.....last time it snowed here was......maybe 30 or 40 thousand years ago.....may be longer.....:)

Time for a skyte.......drive all year round here.....doesn't snow.....last time it snowed here was......maybe 30 or 40 thousand years ago.....may be longer.....:)

BETTER YOU THAN ME !! as I always say--lol-------bob:coffee2:

I took my Dart out for one last drive yesterday also. Put some fuel stabilizer in and ten gallons of premium. Took her back home and put her in her spot in the garage...then started tearing **** apart!!! The engine swap has begun...

20131104_182212_zps2f16bfa8.jpg

I took my Dart out for one last drive yesterday also. Put some fuel stabilizer in and ten gallons of premium. Took her back home and put her in her spot in the garage...then started tearing **** apart!!! The engine swap has begun...

20131104_182212_zps2f16bfa8.jpg

What are you going to put in her? Big block or small?

I always have stored mine away from home, but this year I kept it in my garage so I can get some busy work done. It needs the thermal cooling fan switch and relay installed, the electric trunk latch, the subwoofer and amp installed, a new heater core, I may put in a new headliner, and I may pull the gas tank and weld on a sump and run 10AN line to a new Clay Smith high volume fuel pump. Lots to do.

Packing mine away tomorrow. I store the GTS inside it's trailer in a heated warehouse for $50 a month. Won't see it again until April 2014. Have to make room in the garage for the two snow blowers and other winter related stuff. Sigh.............

You guys can always move out of the snow belt and be able to drive year round.

How about a big, small block?!? You can click on the link in my signature for my 408 build thread.

I'll look. You know I have a 408, right? You should start practicing now. Repeat after me .... Holy ****! This thing is fast!

I looked at the thread. We are really close. I didn't tub ... yet, but I run P295/50R15 on a Dana 60 with 4.10 gears. Subframe connectors, four wheel disc. My block is a 92. We are damn near twins! I run the street and shows all the time and hit the track for the first time this fall.

-
Back