simple question

-

greg

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the name of the rubber bushings that I need to buy? They are the ones that come out the front of the K frame, one on each side. Please take a look at the picture. This is on a 68 Dart.[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• en4.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 90
I should add that I'm talking about the rubber bushings that are found on the two bolts sticking out of the front of the k frame. The one on the drivers side of my car is missing.

Are they easy to swap. As I said, the one on my drivers side is mostly missing.

Strut rod

The bushings in the front end are fairly simple and self explanatory

Upper control arms have two in each arm "upper control arm bushings"
Upper control arm has 1 ball joint "upper ball joint"

Lower control arms have one bushing "lower control arm bushings"
and one ball joint "lower ball joint"

Strut rods have 4 rubber pieces plus washers to do both sides, I.E. 4 rubber pieces for a whole car

If you have a sway bar, it has rubber bushings it pivots on, and "link bushings" or similar name for the short vertical connector rods--two rubbers on each end of each rod, IE 8 pieces for whole car for the vertical links.

Except for the 4 tie rod ends, drag link (center link) and idler arm, that's all there is to the moving parts in the front suspension

K7040 is the Moog part # and is a complete kit to do both sides.

I think NAPA sells their bushings individually.

You will have to remove the torsion bars and LCA,s to replace both bushings,the strut rod has to be removed.I,m in the middle of doing this now.Good luck.

-
Back