single barrel holley question

-

scrag

Reaction score
We just bought a 68 Dart with a 225 and a single barrel holley on it - our issue is that as we were trying to get it to run we poured gas into the top of the carb and saw gas leak out of 2 small openings in the main body of the carb - just above the base plate - where the gas dribbled out and covered the base (where the bolt to mount it is). Is it because I am doing something or is the carb shot?

The car has been setting for 3 years and the tank is empty.

FYI the engine cranked up after we got some gas into it.

Probably just running out the throttle shaft bores. Especially if you splashed the gas in without opening the throttle.

If the car sat for 3 years, the whole fuel system could be an issue. I'd run 5 gallons of fresh gas through the tank and see how it does before filling the tank completely.

RGR the 5 gallon's point - we are just trying to get her home - I am going to replace the fuel filter though with one that is clear - to see if there is any junk in the line.

Thanks for the reply - regarding the fuel leak as well. Today is the day - we should get her home if all goes well.

We also found a trunk full of slant six parts - gaskets included - guy never through anything away - we also have a set of drums in the box.

Champion Carburetor in California will sell one already done with exchange. It is hard to find a kit for a holley. I think summit or Jegs still sells a complete holley. I told Champion to send me a Carter instead, it is a better carburetor and easier to find a rebuild kit.

if you are in fact looking for a new 1bbl rockauto.com sells rebuilt holley model 1920s i got one it works great looks brand new

Appreciate all the replys - update - our only real problem with the engine/carb is that it will die at a stop. Otherwise we plan on swapping a 360 into her very soon.

I am also looking for a right fender trip goes at the mid fender chrome surrounding black......

Keep me posted on your 360 covert, I have a long term goal of putting a 360 stroker in my car. I am interested in the problems you may have to overcome and any details that the average guy may forget while converting a 225 car to a v-8.

-
Back