Single groove Pulleys for Slant?

-

TF360

Reaction score
So does anybody produce new Pulleys for the Slant. My 74 has A/C and Power Steering, and I'm going to remove them both. Would like to go single groove if possible. Any ideas on this? Thanks a lot.

The damper has a single groove in it already. Why worry about the other 2? Will they somehow be in the way?

So does anybody produce new Pulleys for the Slant. My 74 has A/C and Power Steering, and I'm going to remove them both. Would like to go single groove if possible. Any ideas on this? Thanks a lot.
Why?

So does the crank pulley separate into a usable single groove?

Unbolt the power steering pulley from the damper, then Remove the damper from the engine, and unbolt the AC pulley from the back of the damper. Reinstall the damper on the engine. Use a damper remover and installer tool.

Weight savings- performance
For the fan/water pump you can use a non A/C car pulley maybe. I have not tried, but by my eye looking at mine it looks like crank pulleys may be able to seperate, maybe.

Unbolt the power steering pulley from the damper, then Remove the damper from the engine, and unbolt the AC pulley from the back of the damper. Reinstall the damper on the engine. Use a damper remover and installer tool.
Beat me to it lol.

Thanks as usual CharlieS. I didn't check my Service Manual, but I suspected that was the case. So if I pick up a single groove Water Pump pulley, I can just go with one small belt?

Thanks as usual CharlieS. I didn't check my Service Manual, but I suspected that was the case. So if I pick up a single groove Water Pump pulley, I can just go with one small belt?
Yes, actually most slants had a single WP pulley. afik only slants (cars) with AC had dual WP pulleys, and not all of them.

Last edited:
Don't ruin the pulleys you remove, and don't throw them out. People look for them from time to time, when installing PS or AC.

I'm in the market for a rear mounted AC pulley if your looking to get rid of it. The balancer is the single belt pulley.

Going to keep the parts pishta, incase I decide to return back to a/c and p/s

-
Back