Single to dual master cylinder on 64 Dart - What do I need??

-

Optik

Reaction score
what all parts are needed to make the changeover from single bowl master cylinder to dual master on a 64 Dart? It is drums all around, stock braking system. What year car has the right master for the swap? I will have to buy all new stuff so I need to know what to ask for at the parts counter. Also incidentals like proportioning blocks, etc. Again, its drums all around just want to upgrade to a safer M/C.
Thanks in advance!!!
-Tim

Bump--I want to know the same info for my 63.

I swapped to a 73 Dart Sport master cylinder and proportioning valve,also the disc brake setup.So I,m not sure if you,ll need to swap your proportioning valve?I then swapped to the smaller 90,s Dakota master cylinder(plastic/Aluminum).Good luck.

Here is what I did, I got a MC from a 67 Barracuda then I got new lines from the MC to the diverter valve for the front brakes I pluged the back brake hole from at the diverter valve and ran another line from the MC to the back line for the brakes. I found the information to do this on slant 6 forum.

A setup off any '67-72 drum brake car will work. Get the master cyl, proportioning valve, and the hard lines that connect the two.

sure, the Dual 67 drum/drum MC and a wilwood/MP proportioning valve (like 30 bucks)/ Run front reservoir to original dist block through the P valve, and block the other ports. Run the rear reservoir to the fronts through a T. Thats all. 2 new lines for front brakes. Crank the P valve until you can lock up the fronts just before the rears.

-
Back