Single used BB Edelbrock head on eBay...what do you think?

-

txstang84

Reaction score
I've seen this ad on eBay consistently for at least 8 months...

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edelbrock-one-big-block-mopar-aluminum-used-cylinder-head-6091-383-400-426-440-/111123301837?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19df7705cd&vxp=mtr#viTabs_0"]Edelbrock One Big Block Mopar Aluminum Used Cylinder Head 6091 383 400 426 440 | eBay[/ame]

Any thoughts?

By the time you bought it and took it to a machine shop to give it a valve job and repair the shrapnel, you probably could have bought a new one.

My engine would need 2.

Well, no ****? LOL

By the time you bought it and took it to a machine shop to give it a valve job and repair the shrapnel, you probably could have bought a new one.

Kinda what I thought as well...I guess if you were a machinist and had pieces laying around from other projects (retainers, locks, etc.), and the time to mess with it, this wouldn't be terrible. But, I think you're right...

can't buy heads new in single quanties; what is the good of one head unless you trashed one of yours?

can't buy heads new in single quanties; what is the good of one head unless you trashed one of yours?
exactly....I would like to see some pics of the dinged CC's and valve seats as long as he is calling them out.

youre digging yourself deeper in a hole

kinda my thoughts-hence the reason I didn't buy it.

But that being said, buying used heads isn't that big a deal if you know the history and they're a good deal...the link, IMO, is NOT a good deal...and the seller is...also, IMO, a little less than forthcoming about the true nature of the casting with valves. IF the seller were to post some better quality pictures of the damage and the port work or even better a flow sheet, he might have a better shot at selling it.

I think the description is dubious at best and more likely trying to obscure something. I asked him if he had, would send, or would post better pictures of the damage the first time I saw the ad several months ago...his reply was that it was "shelf and movement wear" from dragging them on and off the storage shelves in his shop.

I don't disagree with any of you guys' assessments of the item, but I wanted to see if maybe there was an angle I missed. I doubt he'll sell it any time soon...

ede's are for sale at most retailers using Each for quantity.

No pics of the damage, not very up front.

Typical of ebayers. Bad pics, poor light, poor angles -when you DONT want to zoom in on something you dont want a potential buyer to see. Check any ad for heads and the pics are head on, close up all sides covered. He's your typical ebay snake.

A single new one is 629 and if you can find one that is 20% off somewhere that makes it less.

I'll bet there is at least $200 labor in damage to that head. Who knows if the valves are any good.

^^^
Spoken for truth...
Even that crappy pic shows 'fretting' on the clamping surfaces of the head
bolts! that head has been on and off ? how many times ?

Me thinks the e-bay poster is trying to recoup $ from an failed build !

-
Back