Sis-in-Law needs a Prayer filled miracle

-
Update . She is still in ICU, still sedated, vent tube, etc.... Today the small hospital she is at in Hanover, PA, has done there part and have declared the infection is subsiding and she is getting stronger. Told us again that they are not equipped to address the seriousness and size of the tumor and were reaching out to John Hopkins in Baltimore. At 8:25pm they air lifted her out. My wife and I were home and when bro-in-law text that they had lift off, it wasn't but 2 minutes later that we heard the medivac coming. We watched her fly over our house. They landed at 843pm. They told bro to not make the 90 minute drive tonight, as they will be setting her up, verifying, testing, xray, etc thru the night.

Miracle 1 has taken place - she is beating Sepsis. Continue praying the tumor is eliminated, wither supernaturally or thru the hands of the caregivers the Lord has placed in her journey.

Great to hear she is getting better! Thanks for the update. Prayers sent for her continued journey!!

Knowing my house is straightline between the 2 hospitals, it was both weird and kind of cool to see her fly over. Was a 17 min flight. Yet it is an hour drive from here. We can't make it down there today because of other pre-planned activities with our children, not even super bowl related, so my wife and I are both takin off tomorrow and heading down to see her after the kids leave for school. Besides, her husband said - he doesn't expect us to stop our kids lives because their Aunt is laid up for now.

Prayers to all affected

PrayerHands (10).jpg

Ask me about PSC Liver Disease

Another good news update.
Bro-in-law said they removed the vent tube from her throat yesterday morning. She is breathing on her own again! They have her sitting at about a 45* angle and she is awake off and on, opening her eyes and fully responsive to questions thru head nods/shakes and writing. She has even smiled at him/for him. They don't want her talking or eating yet, until the rawness of her throat heals. So she has a feeding tube in thru her nose for now. Seems to be fully aware of what is going on and why. She is still connected to the ECMO machine while they continue to monitor a couple of blood clots that they need to declare safe enough to allow them to fully attack the tumor filled breast. There is also no more talk of infection, other than what is surrounding the tumor.
Praying that nothing goes backwards and only onward and upward!

Last edited:
Latest good news update. They were able to remove the remains of the blood clots in her lung yesterday evening. And 20 minutes ago, she just came out of a successful 4 hour procedure to remove the "large" arterial clot that was closing in on her heart!
Monitor and rest thru the weekend, then on Monday they are doing some pre-op checks before presenting a plan of attack for the tumor/breast.
Still in CCU/ICU, but already starting to ween her off the ECMO, in preparation for Monday.

I will keep the updates coming every few days , so we all can focus our prayers specifically to each step of her journey.

Ok. Cardiac doc says her heart is not affected and plans to remove the ECMO late this afternoon. Hoping by mid week they move her to "regular" ICU and start moving forward with the breast issue.

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear the good news and she is getting better!

Hopefully with the next phase of her treatment she will continue to improve!

She is obviously a strong woman, still praying for her and your family!

The latest good news update..... ECMO was removed the other day and they also moved her out of the CCU and into a regular ICU room.
Speech therapist comes in daily to assess her vocal chords an PT has had her sitting on the edge of the bed. After 18 days of laying on her back, they tried to get her to stand, but the muscles just aren't ready for that yet.
They did and MRI on her head to make sure there were no errant blood clots heading to the brain. All clear!

Continue to pray. She's not ready to escape yet.
Also pray for my MIL. She is still in denial that all this happened to her favorite baby, and just doesn't grasp the severity of the situation. We had told her what to expect with both the speech and physical therapy, yet she was nearly horrified and left the room in tears when they did their initial assessments. Then she turns around and tells SIL that she should be home by this weekend.
No Mom, she's in for the long haul and you need to accept the fact that her choices that you backed her up on nearly killed her and has led her here.

Going to be a tough journey for all involved. Prayers are with sis in law and family.

RTF, thanks for the update. prayers and wishes for your family.

i'm gonna drop this here in hopes that it might help your BIL. i hope other people reading along may find it beneficial as well.

-
Back