Sis-in-Law needs a Prayer filled miracle

-
The Lord works in mysterious ways. When He’s working on one thing…..He’s working on a LOT of things!!! Glad to hear this progress and will continue to keep you all in my prayers.

Last edited:
For those of you following along on this journey, here is the latest. SIL had her last radiation treatment on 4/17. She said she is a little burnt and smells like she's been cooked. My nose does not work so well, so I can't smell it. She willingly agreed to be transferred to a rehab facility while they let the radiation cook for another 2-4 weeks. Surgery is getting nearer, just don't know when yet. Rehab's focus will be getting her strong enough to get back on her feet. PT and OT come in every day to work on standing and inching towards her first step in nearly 4 months. Getting info and details out of her and BIL at times is a chore. However, from what I gather the Doc wants her strong enough to shuffle across the room before he thinks about a surgery date. I get it - they don't want her going in too weak. What I like to call her "sassitude" is back 100% and she is determined to get back to as normal as she can.

Ok folks, here's the skinny.... And its not a good skinny. Things had taken a turn for the worse about a month ago. DRs at Johns Hopkins have determined she is incurable. She has a very rare tumor growth that had initially responded to radiation, but has since become active again. Apparently chemo is not an option for her overall health level. It would kill her. Reading thru the dr reports for the first time, i see where she was informed that it is growing into her left lung and liver and has several nodules in her right lung. Neither she, her husband or mother had told us that. So about a month ago, she had difficulty breathing. 911'd her to the ER. They put her on o2 for a few days and drained a liter of fluid off her lung. Sent her home a week later. In that week, she lost a lot of strength. PT has been unable to reestablish the level of strength she had before the 911 call. She went back to the ER on June 15 for the same issue. Came home on the 25th, weaker still. She hasn't eaten for 30 hours and does not want to. Last night she was about 785% responsive. This morning about 60% alert. Today, the homecare nurse is calling in Hospice. She is pretty much lethargic 95% of the time as of just a few hours ago. She is failing fast. Maybe a few days remaining, they say.

Dammit Gumby.... It's like watching a part of my wife die with her :(

It's been crazy. We're supposed to go to a Donny Osmond concert tomorrow night. My wife's childhood heart-throb. She won't enjoy the show for worrying too much about not being by her sister's side.

Sorry to hear that Mark. Our neighbor up the street from us in the permanent section of the campground passed after a fairly short battle with cancer. Kind and sweet lady. We're going to her funeral tomorrow. :(

scruffyangelVIII.jpg
To you and family and friends.
genuflect.jpg

man, im sorry to hear that

i will say this though, hospice nurses are awesome
when we had issues with my mother in laws health and she got put on hospice they knew how to really make those last few weeks count

Ok folks, here's the skinny.... And its not a good skinny. Things had taken a turn for the worse about a month ago. DRs at Johns Hopkins have determined she is incurable. She has a very rare tumor growth that had initially responded to radiation, but has since become active again. Apparently chemo is not an option for her overall health level. It would kill her. Reading thru the dr reports for the first time, i see where she was informed that it is growing into her left lung and liver and has several nodules in her right lung. Neither she, her husband or mother had told us that. So about a month ago, she had difficulty breathing. 911'd her to the ER. They put her on o2 for a few days and drained a liter of fluid off her lung. Sent her home a week later. In that week, she lost a lot of strength. PT has been unable to reestablish the level of strength she had before the 911 call. She went back to the ER on June 15 for the same issue. Came home on the 25th, weaker still. She hasn't eaten for 30 hours and does not want to. Last night she was about 785% responsive. This morning about 60% alert. Today, the homecare nurse is calling in Hospice. She is pretty much lethargic 95% of the time as of just a few hours ago. She is failing fast. Maybe a few days remaining, they say.

Dammit Gumby.... It's like watching a part of my wife die with her :(
Prayer sent for her and your family. May God be with you all

Really sorry to hear this. Like diymirage said, hospice nurses are the best-they made my mom’s last few days very memorable. I hope she knows Jesus-that’s my biggest hope and prayer. Prayers for all involved and that you might find peace through this time.

It is done. At about 9:05 this evening, she exhaled her last breath. Peacefully and without a sound or a twitch...

We live a little ways out from any real city. Just waiting for Hospice to show up and officially confirm and call the funeral home. Pray for her husband Jeremy. Their 10th anniversary is in Aug, as would have also been her 50th birthday.

You have our condolences and prayers for the whole family. I'm awful sorry. Kitty just lost one of her brothers last week and will be going to Florida for the funeral Wednesday, so we can certainly sympathize.

Condolences on the loss of your sister in law, take comfort in the fact that she is no longer suffering any pain. It is still very difficult for her family and friends to accept, but she is at peace.

-
Back