SIT BACK AND THINK

-

WAYNE0

Reaction score
Have you ever sat back one day and thought to your self WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS ? Whether it be good, bad, money, fame, wife, job, car, house any thing.

I've known people that look at their mess of a life and whine about how unfair their life is.
These are always people that make crappy choices.
Steve wondered why he always encountered crazy women.
I encountered them too. I always passed on them while Steve pursued them.
John often complained that a black cloud followed him everywhere. He had a negative attitude that fostered that kind of self fulfilling prophecy.

There's a certain amount of luck involved, too................

I always thought that timing had a lot to do with life. Did you ever think that when your walking out of the house and you forgot your keys, you go back to get them and that minute can be life or death. A car runs a red light a minute before you get there ...:) KEYS saved me. Also bad choices or uninformed decisions that are usually attached to whiners, IMHO. My brother says I've been blessed all my life. Not completely true. He just made some poor moves in his life, .. marriage, money, houses etc. .. and then thought it was bad luck.

Have you ever sat back one day and thought to your self WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS ? Whether it be good, bad, money, fame, wife, job, car, house any thing.
I think it is only natural when you get to a certain age to look back and try make sense of things. I know God has watched over me, to get me where I am today.

Last edited:
Once you crawl out from under this at 18 years old you never complain or look back again... well I might complain about the daily pain some 42 years later but I don't let it keep me from doing what I wanna do..
buildingcollapse.jpg

I am where I am because of some unforeseen circumstances, some my fault, some not, but I'm happy to have what I have!

All I know for 100% sure is the Lord has kept me alive and well because there is something he has planned for me to do here before I go. I'm 65 years old, and have had plenty of opportunities to be gone...and he kept me here, healthy, relatively sane and thankful. I only hope that when that time comes for me to do whatever it is he needs me to do, that I'm smart enough to recognize it and do it well.

Be thankful for the ups and downs. If you didn't have those, you'd be dead. Or merely existing. Which is essentially the same thing

If anyone needs a reminder of how things can go in life, take a trip to a local Children's Hospital. That will humble you.....

For all the things I could question about my life, I know in the heart of hearts I am blessed. I can do anything I put my mind to. So, no I really don't think much about "why me." But if there is something I want to accomplish and it peaks my interest I may ask myself "why not me!"

JW

I only really wonder "why me?" about the good things these days. I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak, for many years. There just really hasn't been any bad in a long time. All the bad that happened to me before that--and there was a lot of it--I can ascribe to poor life choices. Right around the third time you're being read Last Rites, it starts to sink in that maybe a change or two is necessary.

All I know for 100% sure is the Lord has kept me alive and well because there is something he has planned for me to do here before I go. I'm 65 years old, and have had plenty of opportunities to be gone...and he kept me here, healthy, relatively sane and thankful. I only hope that when that time comes for me to do whatever it is he needs me to do, that I'm smart enough to recognize it and do it well.
The job was established about two thousand years ago. It has been yours since you got Baptized; it's called "the Great Commission." I admit that it took me over two decades to be comfortable with it, but since I learned;
>that, as a kid I had been thoroughly indoctrinated by the Government-run educational system, as to all things anti-Christ,
>and that the government also had a say as to what can be/can Not be, taught in any Sunday-Sabbath Church with Charitable-Organization status;
>and shed all that baggage;
now, I'm good to go.

Be thankful for the ups and downs. If you didn't have those, you'd be dead. Or merely existing. Which is essentially the same thing
C.S. Lewis did a great job explaining the ups and downs in his Screwtape Letters

The pendulum swings both ways. For myself I am glad for all the events good and bad that happened to me. It is all foundational background that makes us who we are today and I certainly have no complaints. I just completed my first six months of retirement and I find more joy every day. Being a leading edge boomer who started working early in life I never thought the day would come that I didn't have to go to work:)

-
Back