Sitting here watching racing and thinking about how crazy this game has gotten

-
I've never been a fan of buybacks but I understand it why they have them. I've been racing since 95 and I can count on 1 hand how many times I have doubled enter and I bet I have bought back less than a dz times as well. I keep thinking about trying a big money race some day, but like you said with guys doubled and than buying back, plus they are racing every week it's hard to compete. I know a local guy that a few years ago spent $20K on entries for racing that year. He did manage to win 1 decent paying race, but I bet he was still in the negative after all other expenses. Racing is one of these sports were guys will literally spend ten of thousands just to win a race even if it pays a grand.

I've never been a fan of buybacks but I understand it why they have them. I've been racing since 95 and I can count on 1 hand how many times I have doubled enter and I bet I have bought back less than a dz times as well. I keep thinking about trying a big money race some day, but like you said with guys doubled and than buying back, plus they are racing every week it's hard to compete. I know a local guy that a few years ago spent $20K on entries for racing that year. He did manage to win 1 decent paying race, but I bet he was still in the negative after all other expenses. Racing is one of these sports were guys will literally spend ten of thousands just to win a race even if it pays a grand.

Most of the guys that double enter and win these things are excellent drivers, but only drivers. Maintenance, engines, transmissions and everything else is usually done by others. Drop an engine off for rebuild and pick it up with dyno numbers already tuned. Many can’t even set their own valves by themselves so boy that would take a lot of the load off a person.

trust me i do understand it's a business and it takes money and a lot of money to keep a track going. i personally won't buy back, if i lose first round, i'm done, simple as that.

trust me i do understand it's a business and it takes money and a lot of money to keep a track going. i personally won't buy back, if i lose first round, i'm done, simple as that.

That’s fine. I just want to race and it cost me to much to get there than to refuse to spend 30.00 more. I only have X amount of time left in my life to do what I love doing.

John, you going to 42 for the Mopar event?

No I’m not. That’s a 340 mile trip for me and at 7-8 miles per gallon plus turnpike I just can’t swing that event. I’m leaving Norwalk a 400 mile trip as a maybe right now. Heck I may even sell my 625.00 entry to the 40,000.00 race at Norwalk.

I’ll be there. Hope to get to meet ya.

Cool beans! If you turn your back to the staging lanes, we will be pitted on that same road, down a ways from the lanes!
I will be with a black 64 Plymouth NSS car and Dave Dunse’s new build B7 blown gen3 poweredDemon. Hoping he has all the bugs out of it to run KOS

there is an instruction manual to this site. As much as many of us may agree or disagree, it’s a bad habit to get into on your first day. Go to N&P if you wish to express anything that doesn’t have to do with hot roddin and cats.

Mic drop
Would it have been acceptable to you if he had just said ‘the economy’?

I’m planning on running the Triple $10K race at Lebanon Valley second weekend in August, and then the New England $10Ks at New England Dragway first weekend in September. At almost 68 years old I have no illusions of ever winning one of these races. But I love the competition and going up against ‘heavy hitters’ motivates me to perform better. I’m all about just having fun and hanging out with my friends at my local tracks and like minded folks when we go out of state. I know I have fewer racing years ahead of me than behind me so I’m going to enjoy it for as long as I can, win or lose! I have decided one thing over the last 2 to 3 weeks. I’ve beaten myself in the third round or later by giving up the line because I was sure I was going to break out if I stayed in it… only to get the time slip and realize I would have most likely been good with my dial in. So I’ve resolved to stop giving up the line and trust the car. I have the best car I’ve ever had in my life so I need to stop worrying about breaking out and trust it.

-
Back