Six Pack Carbs for Manual trans any difference?

-
The only difference I'm aware of is the jetting is a bit different. Do your self a favor, get yourself a wideband to assist with tuning, and run as much initial timing advance as your motor wants without exceeding nominal total advance in the dizzy.

Give me an E, give me an F, give me an I! What does that spell?! No, seriously what does that spell, I'm too damned tired to figure it out because I've been up for the last 72 hours (I hate my job).

I heard the new repro carbs have a lot of the tuning issues taken care of. I sure jetting them if I have to is no problem.

Ha I wish I could go efi but that requires new $800 tank and the cheapest I have seen for efi is $1850 for the EZ. I got a good deal on the six pack intake so I am trying to piece this together without the wife finding out. Ha!

well they should be the same as that was ones the originals the only differance is that they have a kick down for the automatic that should be the only difference

Funny, I was just reading a thread on here, stating the jetting I think is the same...I will dig the thread up.

Short term memory loss?? LOL just kidding, its your thread you started in 2010
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=85473

Ha! See I didn't know the answer 3 years ago either. Here is what was said.

"When I was buying my six pack (all new parts) I saw that they only listed center carbs for an auto trans. I called Holley & was told the only difference on the replacement carb is the auto trans type has the arm for the kickdown linkage. Otherwise, they were identical. I specifically asked if jetting or anything like that was different & was told no. Don't know if this is the same for the originals or not."

-
Back