Size of Drum Brake Shoe Lining

-

Franko

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know the correct width of 1969 Dart front drum brake shoe lining? I am planning on having a pair relined. All the vendors show 2 1/4" width but the attached Service Manual indicates that it is 2 1/2" wide. I would at least like to achieve the best stopping performance possible with drum brakes.

003.jpg

There are errors on that page...

Look at the 9" brake column, one primary shoe is 2 1/2" wide, the other mating shoe is listed at 2 1/4" wide...

10" front drums should be 2 1/4" wide on the front...

Thank you very much gentlemen. I didn't expect there to be errors in the Service Manual.

If you have the correct shoes, the lining is same width as the shoes.

They are DEFINITELY 10" x 2 1/4" Fronts & 10" x 1 3/4" Rears ----- on ALL "A" Body 8 cylinder vehicles, regardless of model......
Ihave both of them in New Old Stock ++ Asbestos ++ with NO Core Charge // No shipping back cores.....
Doesn't get better than that!!!!! No need to re-line them............

[QUOTE="mobileparts, post: 1971256568, member: 21653" No shipping back cores.....[/QUOTE]

What are back cores????

[QUOTE="mobileparts, post: 1971256568, member: 21653" No shipping back cores.....

What are back cores????[/QUOTE]
As indicated, the Front Brake Shoes are DEFINITELY and ONLY ---- 10" x 2 1/4"
and the Rear Brake Shoes are DEFINITELY and ONLY ---- 10" x 1 3/4"
"CORES' means the old shoes -- and in most cases, you have to turn in the old shoes ("CORES") when you purchase shoes.... that, of course
means you have to lay out the "Deposit" on the Old Cores if you don't turn them in at the time of purchase, and of course, also means that
you will be paying shipping to ship the old CORES back......
In my case ---- that is all ----- Zero (0) ---- because I don't charge a core deposit or require you to send them back --- so that is all Zero (0).....
As indicated, it doesn't get better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yours, Craig............

What are back cores????
As indicated, the Front Brake Shoes are DEFINITELY and ONLY ---- 10" x 2 1/4"
and the Rear Brake Shoes are DEFINITELY and ONLY ---- 10" x 1 3/4"
"CORES' means the old shoes -- and in most cases, you have to turn in the old shoes ("CORES") when you purchase shoes.... that, of course
means you have to lay out the "Deposit" on the Old Cores if you don't turn them in at the time of purchase, and of course, also means that
you will be paying shipping to ship the old CORES back......
In my case ---- that is all ----- Zero (0) ---- because I don't charge a core deposit or require you to send them back --- so that is all Zero (0).....
As indicated, it doesn't get better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yours, Craig............[/QUOTE]

Do you offer lifetime guarantee like NAPA????

I do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like a Chinesium sell-out chain known as "napa" --- which, of course, stands for "NEVER AMERICAN PARTS AVAILABLE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
napa has merchandise manufactured for them at pennies on the dollar and then sells them to you for the whole dollar ---- so their "catch" is -- they call it lifetime guarantee because you have to keep the original box, keep the original receipt -- and they are of course, banking on the fact that you won't have it years later ---- AND they sure
ARE NOT going to give you the BRAKE DRUMS that you just shredded thanks to their garbage........ Is the picture becoming crystal clear yet??????

Having educated you -- and if you understand that -- that being said --- my NEW OLD STOCK ++ ASBESTOS ++ is like GOLD -- and will last you 30 - 100 years depending on how many miles per year you drive ---- and more, importantly, how many times you brake -- and how many times you brake hard....
So in alllllllllllll likelihood --- my N.O.S. ++ Asbestos ++ shoes will be their own "LIFETIME GUARANTEE" and I , of course, CAN NOT guarantee that I will have MORE
N.O.S. ++ Asbestos ++ Brake Shoes 30 - 100 years from now to hand you your next sets.....

I also CAN NOT guarantee that I personally will be alive in 30 - 100 years ---- but then, it is not likely with the autozones, advances, pep boys and all the other chinesium
hawkers out there --- there is a high likelihood that they will be "O O B (Out of Business)" in less than 30 - 100 years......

I hope you have enjoyed my answer -- it is from the heart -- you can tell I am an old school dinosaur who ONLY tells the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I lived in Illinois as a kid --- I am a DIEHARD DIEHARD WHITE SOX FAN ---- "YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD, YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!"
So, YESSSSSS! -- I WILL Be watching CHRIS SALE on the mound tonight in his attempt to go to 10 - 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

napa has merchandise manufactured for them at pennies on the dollar and then sells them to you for the whole dollar ---- so their "catch" is -- they call it lifetime guarantee because you have to keep the original box, keep the original receipt -- and they are of course, banking on the fact that you won't have it years later ---- AND they sure
ARE NOT going to give you the BRAKE DRUMS that you just shredded thanks to their garbage........ Is the picture becoming crystal clear yet??????

"they call it lifetime guarantee because you have to keep the original box, keep the original receipt -- and they are of course, banking on the fact that you won't have it years later"

That's easy to get around... Buy another set of brake pads, put the new ones on the car, return the old ones in the new box with the new receipt and request your refund....

-
Back