Sizes for 70 Darts

-

eds70dart

Reaction score
I'm asking those 1970 Dart Swinger owners on what they have of tire and rims sizes on their cars. I have changed nothing on the stock springs, brakes or axles, that have come with the car and would like to keep the stock ralley wheel appearance on the car. The only thing I have done is when the rear quarters were replaced I had the wheel opening rims cut back and rolled to allow for a little larger tire in the future. I still have the orginal rims that came with the car. The problem I have is that the rear tires have G60-14's on the original rims. These past years I have found out I needed wider rims to accommodate that tire size. When I bought these tires 15-18 years ago they just put them on and never told me that I should have a larger rims and I never even thought about it as the fit and looked cool. Thought they knew what they were talking about, and I guess they needed the sales at that time. What I'm asking now is probably I need to purchase 15 X 7's rims for the same tire size, as they don't make tires that wide for 14's anymore to what I've heard. What I would like to know is the back spacing size on the rims I need to accommodate the G60 tire without hitting the spring on this type of vehicle. I'm looking at the BF Goodrich style tires for my car. Need some advise guys.

Stock tire and rim size is E70-14 on a 14X5.5" Rallye. E70-14 is about a 205-70-14

a G70-15 is about 235-60-15 or 245-60-15. You will want a 15X7 with 4.25" backspacing.

Thanks again AdamR. You're good. I really wouldn't have all the answers to my questions if it wasn't for this web site. It sure makes restoration and my planning a lot more fun when you got people like yourself that have the answers. Thanks a million ED

No, problem, I love helping others with there cars when ever I can.

P1010290.JPG

P1010298.JPG

-
Back