SL-6 A/T Lines...Don't Fit Nicely

-

mydart270

myDart270
Reaction score
OK I have the clips (S type and starter 2-hole bracket) from some nice people at "For A Bodies Only Forum". Many thx. Now I go to install A/T lines from InLine Tube and/or Classic. Profiles are dramatically different between the two and I have an OEM radiator installed w/ approximately 11 1/2 in between brass in/out ports. Also InLine Tube and Classic sets are really off and don't match. What gives??? Lines supposedly fit A-Body and for 1968 w/ SL-6 as advertised.

I call RightStuff as an alternate source and they tell me they have never produced A/T lines for 1968 Dodge Dart w/ SL-6. Some of the listed configurations show all sorts of patterns. One has right angles and represents a profile that I think will work. Anybody purchased from RightStuff A/T lines and actually installed them w/o a hassle?? The lines for 64-66' small block w/ 12 in brass fitting separation appear as a possibility for me.

I don't seek perfection but I am mystified as to why A/T lines advertised for certain years by leading MOPAR sources do not fit an OEM Dodge Dart radiator for 1968. Does everybody have a problem w/ A/T lines and re-bend accordingly?? Stainless steel is not "for giving" w/ a std hand pipe bender. Maybe I don't have the techniques???? Ratty bends and forced connections are just not acceptable for car shows that look at the details.

Comments...Reflections.... Advice....Recommendations...????

Happy MOPAR.....appreciate the help.

Can't help you with your car, but I bent the lines for my lancer 2 or 3 time before I got what I could live with. I bought some from Summit for a mid 60 A and bent, fitted and spent hours getting them in. I guess original lines to make the patterns from are not around, so they take a guess and sell them as correct.

-
Back