Status
Not open for further replies.

JaysNMDustr

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Located 88011 New Mexico
Surface rust exterior just taken out of my Duster. Hoping for $100 plus shipping I'll get some picks up soon, but the look like headers

they will fit 67 to 76 a body with 225 not sure if they will fit 198 cid and definately will not fit with 170 cid smokin deal for someone

waggin, if they fit the 225 then they will fit the 198. The 198 is identical in size on the outside. The only difference was the connecting rod length (longer on the 198 ) and the crank throw (1/2" less stroke)...198 and 225 both used the same block designated RG.

well take a peek at the bypass hose that goes from the cylinder head to the water pump on a 225 and a 198 I could be wrong but back in the 80's i had a 69 valiant with 225 and the clifford long tubes when I installed a 198 there were issues with the headers, The Point being that these headers were built for a late a body and won't fit an early a body
waggin, if they fit the 225 then they will fit the 198. The 198 is identical in size on the outside. The only difference was the connecting rod length (longer on the 198 ) and the crank throw (1/2" less stroke)...198 and 225 both used the same block designated RG.

well take a peek at the bypass hose that goes from the cylinder head to the water pump on a 225 and a 198 I could be wrong but back in the 80's i had a 69 valiant with 225 and the clifford long tubes when I installed a 198 there were issues with the headers, The Point being that these headers were built for a late a body and won't fit an early a body

The 225 and the 198 are identical externally. The 170 has the shorter bypass hose. It is like comparing a 383 and a 440. The 170 and the 383 are low deck, and the 225/198 and 440 are raised deck.
And yes, Clifford long tube headers built for a 67 up 225 will not fit a 66 down "A" body. If these are the Clifford "shortie" headers, they will fit the 66 down "A" body with a 225 and manual steering (not power). They will not fit a 66 down with a 170. At one time Clifford had 13 different slant six headers listed in their catalog. Now there are two, the high starter mount shorties, and the low starter mount shorties. That is why Clifford went to the "shorties", two sizes fit most.

Not sure of the brand of these, They were on the car when I purchased it. A few small dents and the heat riser needs to intake is missing.

Attachments

• Headrers.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 1,310
  • IMG_1696.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 1,321
  • IMG_1698.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 1,295
  • IMG_1697.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 1,312

Understood Waggin, just emphasizing that the 225 and 198 are outwardly physically the same dimensions. By pass hoses are the same 225 and 198. Bypass hose is alot shorter on the 170 because it is a short deck engine (approx 1 inch) compared to the tall deck 198/225 (common block).

Fedex is not that bad, find an account holder...usually it is the least expensive beside USPS flat rate sized boxes, and in US, no Canada!

Fedex is not that bad, find an account holder...usually it is the least expensive beside USPS flat rate sized boxes, and in US, no Canada!

Headers are not heavy. They are expensive to ship due to their size. Try greyhound, might be a better deal. Also you might try finding someone that is traveling, and could transport them. I was racing in Wilksboro, NC one time and the seller brought a set of headers to the track.I brought them down to Jacksonville FL (had to pass through, anyway) on my way home, for the buyer. Got a few dollars to help with gas.

I have transported parts this way, and received parts the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back