slant 6 225

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
I was just wondering I got a 1973 duster with a slant 6 225 I want to make it loud as I can but I know its a 6 cylinder so you can only make it so loud what is there kind cheap I can do to it to make it louder it has a cherry bomb exhaust

ummmmmmmmmmmm, i think you mean it has a slant 6, or a inline 6................

yeah a straight pipe is fairly obnoxious in a slant. especially whaen you rev it up and down alot excessively for like 5 minutes straight. THat really pisses off the neighbors, even the "carguy" ones. Another trick is to mount a spark plug in the exhaust . then, while revving it, you can make some really loud bangs also, haha, that ought to wake everyone up at about 3 in the morn.

i know, but in yuor opening message, it says v6!!!!!!!!!! lmao

when i was a moron (aka teenager) i took my muffler, cut it open, gutted it, ran a straight pipe through it and welded the "muffler skin back closed around it. Straight pipes that look like a legal muffler.

man i was dumb

If you have some cash put a new exhaust on it and use 2 1/4 inch pipe, this will help on a few horse power and put a small Vmax muffler on it, like a flow master

Don't cut off your pipe and run straight pipe :wack: That will get you a ticket and these /6 engines need a little back pressure..

when i was a moron (aka teenager) i took my muffler, cut it open, gutted it, ran a straight pipe through it and welded the "muffler skin back closed around it. Straight pipes that look like a legal muffler.

man i was dumb

haha I have thought of that

If you have some cash put a new exhaust on it and use 2 1/4 inch pipe, this will help on a few horse power and put a small Vmax muffler on it, like a flow master

Don't cut off your pipe and run straight pipe :wack: That will get you a ticket and these /6 engines need a little back pressure..

I was looking at the flowmaster super 10

did not know I did that my mistake

That's why you are here is to learn more and enjoy the build on your Duster :glasses8:

When you have the time look in the restoration threads and find another member that has dun a /6 to V8 switch, I learn allot and enjoy watching there builds :colors:

I was just wondering I got a 1973 duster with a slant 6 225 I want to make it loud as I can but I know its a 6 cylinder so you can only make it so loud what is there kind cheap I can do to it to make it louder it has a cherry bomb exhaust

if its got a cherry bomb already on it i don't think your gonna get much louder than that, and still be legal lol. memike gave a pretty good suggestion on exhaust, so i would look into sumthin similar. i agree with him on the straight pipes too, just cuz they make it louder, doesn't mean they make more power. plus they sound like total crap, you might look into a 1 chamber race muffler.. it would still be loud, but will give ya a little backpressure too.

I think ill leave it like it is with the carrybomb for now here's a short video sorry but the camera batteries were dead so could not get that long of a video

My 65 slant six.

P1000750.jpg

P1000749.jpg

You know man, it doesn't sound bad at all as is. I usually am not a fan of those cherry bomb's...but it has a nice growl to it!:mrgreen:

I'm all about being loud too. I tried running my slant one time straight piped...I think I got about 100 feet before pullnig over and hooking everything back up. Take the advice given here to heart bro, you will get some great feedback for sure!:thumbup:

You could go get a kick-butt stereo installed and play recordings of loud cars... LOL!

-
Back