Slant 6 - 727

-
I've been lookin for one....but yer a long way off. lol

The slant six racers and truck guys usually want them. Depending on price usually, there has been one for sale locally for over a year at $500. I would price it like a BB core $200-250.
There's one on marketplace I think it's in Tennessee for like 125.

Aren't there actual slant 727's with the bellhousing cast to fit a slant, and also a version that is an adapter small block trans to slant block? I'd imagine the actual slant cast 727's are worth a bit more.

Aren't there actual slant 727's with the bellhousing cast to fit a slant, and also a version that is an adapter small block trans to slant block? I'd imagine the actual slant cast 727's are worth a bit more.
Yeah that's the title of this thread. "Slant 6 727 transmission". It's not "V8 727 with a slant 6 adapter plate". Here's the one I'm talkin about in Tennessee. I would go get it if I could.

Cramisshun

No adapter direct bolt to slant 6
That is the only reason I asked and same as the last transmission I posted about it is at a pick n pull.This is not a sale ad but if it’s worth the $100 + tax I will grab it and THEN I will have a sale ad posted for it.

No adapter direct bolt to slant 6
That is the only reason I asked and same as the last transmission I posted about it is at a pick n pull.This is not a sale ad but if it’s worth the $100 + tax I will grab it and THEN I will have a sale ad posted for it.
Yeah it's worth that. I sure wish we were closer. lol

I've got one in my truck. No adapter or anything. Seems odd for Dodge to offer a 727 and an 8 3/4 axle behind a lowly slant 6. My Dart has the same trans and axle behind a 408 and it's been solid.

I recently met a guy with a hoard of 70's and 80's Dodge trucks. I pulled a manifold off one last weekend and it had a 727. I bet he would let it go cheap if anyone needs one in Oklahoma.

I've got one in my truck. No adapter or anything. Seems odd for Dodge to offer a 727 and an 8 3/4 axle behind a lowly slant 6. My Dart has the same trans and axle behind a 408 and it's been solid.

I recently met a guy with a hoard of 70's and 80's Dodge trucks. I pulled a manifold off one last weekend and it had a 727. I bet he would let it go cheap if anyone needs one in Oklahoma.
I don't know. I think they did it right. Imagine loading the heck outta that truck, plus being off road too. The slant 6 has a long stroke and lots of torque cracked right off idle. Especially in a 4x4 in low range, I could see one breakin something.

I don't know. I think they did it right. Imagine loading the heck outta that truck, plus being off road too. The slant 6 has a long stroke and lots of torque cracked right off idle. Especially in a 4x4 in low range, I could see one breakin something.
Perfect combo for ultimate reliability. Can’t kill the motor, and motor can’t kill the drivetrain.

-
Back