Slant 6 bell housing

-

Johnny71dusty

Reaction score
I bought to bell housings. Both fellas seem nice and say they were from a slant 6 a body car . Both are totally different from each other . From every bolt hole , to starter to the arm position and angle. What are these ?
Blue one is supposed to be from a duster with slant 6 on a 230 trans which I also bought .

the other bell says it’s from a 72 dart and from same trans

But just can’t be . one of these or both are wrong . The holes just don’t line up with Each-other in the slightest so if one is for a slant the other can’t be

1DCD33EF-6437-4478-AE20-930901FD4121.jpeg

As far as I know, the bell on the left (blue) appears to be identical to my '68 slant Barracuda.

The bellhousing on the right is not even Chrysler. It looks like a Ford bellhousing. Or perhaps it's for a Chrysler V6. It's not a slant 6 bellhousing.

The blue one is for a slant. Here is mine from an 82 truck. Mine has more trans mounting holes because it's for an 833OD.
20220304_204122.jpg

No clue on the other one.

Who,s got a starter high on the passenger side...? Thats alien.

I would call the guy and ask if he sold you the right one. He might’ve made a mistake. Some guys have lots of parts from different scores. Or maybe it’s one of those “Welp, it ain’t a Bowtie, so it must’ve came out of neighbor’s ex-girlfriend’s dart… or falcon”

-
Back