Slant 6 Build pictures and first start up.

-

Hendy'sCuda

Reaction score
The Back Story:
I bought a 1965 Barracuda a little over a year ago now. Since then I have been taking it to shows around the Charlotte, NC area. While attending the Good Guys show last fall 2015 I met an older gentleman by the name of Troy Robertson, the owner and operator of Old Inline Power. Troy specializes in everything inline especially chevy 235's & 261's and has been doing before it was ever "cool." He was very impressed that I was still maintaining the stock and original drive train. After a long conversation, he handed me a business card and told me to call if I ever needed some help. Well as luck would have it 2 weeks later my motor blew!

To make a long long story short:
I started working at Troy's shop in exchange for shop space, use of some of his tools and more importantly his knowledge!!

The Build Pictures:
IMG_1921.MOV

Slant 6 Build - Google Drive

Engine:
1972 Block
Oil pump = standard
pistons= .030
rods= .020
mains= 0.010
Heads= .090 taken off + valve & spring upgrade
Holman Moody custom cam grind
Flat top pistons
Offy 4 intake
Clifford headers

Last edited:
Did you take any off the deck? I had mine decked 90 thou with 10 off the head. Got another head from someone else that had 80 thou of it.

Welcome to the land of Slant Sickness.I sure miss mine.But when money allows I will be back !

That sounds really snappy.

It will will sound better soon! I still haven't fine tuned the timing or Carb. I will post an update again soon. Thank you for all your support! #OldInlineCuda

Sweet, but why is that old guy with no shirt screwin around in the background in your garage? :D

Haha this a very good friend of mine, in fact the owner and operator of "Old Inline Power" he specializes in 235 & 261 inline GM motors. We help one another with projects. The video was filmed during one of the hottest days of the summer down here In Charlotte, NC.

When you get it all dialed in,, Please post what your total timing value is.

-
Back