Slant 6 Help

-
A stock 340 will run low 14's at about 100 mph.

If that's what you want for your /6, it's pretty easily attainable...

You'd need to get a used, super six manifold (2bbl) and a blow-thru modified, Holley 2bbl carb (500 cfm), a PISHTA-designed turbo mount and a properly-sized turbo and waste gate.

You should also buy an alcohol/water injector.

All this will allow you to accomplish this wthout iever pulling the head off, and you can run pump gas (premium.)

That should put you dead-even, or a little ahead of a 340 Duster ('71.)

Below are two pictures of the PISHTA adapter/turbo-mount... the best way to do this.
Very helpfull, looks like i know what i want for christmas haha.

A stock 340 will run low 14's at about 100 mph.

If that's what you want for your /6, it's pretty easily attainable...

You'd need to get a used, super six manifold (2bbl) and a blow-thru modified, Holley 2bbl carb (500 cfm), a PISHTA-designed turbo mount and a properly-sized turbo and waste gate.

You should also buy an alcohol/water injector.

All this will allow you to accomplish this wthout iever pulling the head off, and you can run pump gas (premium.)

That should put you dead-even, or a little ahead of a 340 Duster ('71.)

Below are two pictures of the PISHTA adapter/turbo-mount... the best way to do this.

What is involved to make a 'blow-thru modified, Holley 2bbl carb'? I'm not at all turbo-savvy, but am very interested in this modification.

What is involved to make a 'blow-thru modified, Holley 2bbl carb'? I'm not at all turbo-savvy, but am very interested in this modification.

Since a Holley 2bbl carb is literally half of a Holley 4bbl, I would think that whaatever mods are appropriate or useful for the 4bbl would work the same on a 2bbl.

Blow-thru information is available at the Hangar 18 site that is pretty comprehensive.

http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/blowthru.html

Good luck!

Thanks Bill. That info ought to get me started.

One critically important element of this exercise this: Tuning a carburetot to deliver both a reasonably-economical mixture that is within the limitations of not producing a lean condition AND a full-throttle mixture that is detonation-free (somewhere between 11.5:1 and 12.5:1) is a very difficult thing to do, but is essential to the success of this operation.

It can be done, but is time-consuming and takes patience.... AND will be tons easier if you equip yourself with a wideband, O-2 sensor like the one sold by F.A.S.T.

Trying to accomplish this task without one of these (not necessarily one from F.A.S.T...... there are lots of oxygen sensor manufacturers.... F.A.S.T. is just one,) will be immeasurably more difficult!

I cannot IMAGINE trying to get the jetting and power valve setup right without one of these. Just a word to the wise...

Make a mistake :eek:ops:and you may have just bought yourself an engine...

Best of luck!!! =P~

-
Back