Slant 6 k frame

-

Johnny71dusty

Reaction score
I have 360 in one my cars . I want to pull and put into my challenger . But the k Frame in my A body dart will be for the small block . I’d like to put a slant in that car and not change the k frame . Are there motor mounts that are made to do this ?

I can just about guarantee you that you will have NO trouble swapping that SB K for a slant K

Um, what year A body are we talking about?
'66 and earlier used the same K frame regardless of engine, '67-'72 had a biscuit type mount K frame that is easy to adapt to, and '73-76 had a spool type K that is a little more involved to work with. There are no V8 K to slant 6 adapters that I am aware of.

What year is your car? I have a 73+ slant K frame sitting here that I have no plans for. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Isn't one side the same so you only have to modify one bracket ?

No you cannot go the other way without cutting and welding the K-member. The problem is the V8 k-member has a raise stand on the right. The slant has a short stand, The make a bracket to raise the slant 6 stand for the V8 but I don't know how you would lower the V8 stand without cutting it off. I have a slant K-member out of a 72 slant 6 for $50 here in Pa.You can drive for it. You can put it in or cut the stand from it and have it welded to yours without removing the k-member. Either way it would be your only route.

I have brackets to go from slant to V8 from schumacher

No you cannot go the other way without cutting and welding the K-member. The problem is the V8 k-member has a raise stand on the right. The slant has a short stand, The make a bracket to raise the slant 6 stand for the V8 but I don't know how you would lower the V8 stand without cutting it off. I have a slant K-member out of a 72 slant 6 for $50 here in Pa.You can drive for it. You can put it in or cut the stand from it and have it welded to yours without removing the k-member. Either way it would be your only route.

I have brackets to go from slant to V8 from schumacher

I am in Baltimore - I’ll come get it . The site won’t let me message you

-
Back