Slant 6 lokar kick down set up pictures

-

themoparman73

Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone out there with pictures of the lokar set up for the slant six 4 barrel edlebrock. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello,

Anyone out there with pictures of the lokar set up for the slant six. Thanks.
Hey I am doing the same thing. You should check out my thread about it, a couple pics in there. I am amazed at how few pictures on the net exist, at least for my 66 application. And forget about finding any pictures of it actually installed, on the car, of the transmission connection.

I have manual so I don’t need kick down linkage but I do need a way to mount throttle cable to a 4bbl. Not seeing what to buy for that or do I buy the lokr kit and not use the kick down part ?

I have manual so I don’t need kick down linkage but I do need a way to mount throttle cable to a 4bbl. Not seeing what to buy for that or do I buy the lokr kit and not use the kick down part ?

so all you are doing is installing a lokar throttle cable on a 4 barrel?
(the actual engine really doesnt come into play)

really, you need very little
one of these

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.summitracing.com%2Fglobal%2Fimages%2Fprod%2Fxlarge%2Fedl-12413_wb_xl.jpg

which i believe should come with the cable and gets mounted to the throttle arm of the carburetor

the only other thing you need is something to hold the outer sheathing and because of the design of the cable that can be just about anything

all you really need is a piece of angle iron to bolt to the intake, with a hole in it
the end of the lokar cable is basically a bulkhead, or a hollow bolt, held in place by two nuts (one on either end of the hole)
this also gives you some degree of adjustability because you can make the outer sheath longer or shorter by moving the nuts

if you want to get fancy or dont want to bother building one, i like this design (and there are some affordable version of it out)

(this one just uses the carb mounting studs, but make sure fits the orientation of the slantie)

iu

I don’t have a lockr at all .
I have installed a Clifford 4 bbl intake & holly 390 4bbl . And I can’t see how to get my throttle cable to attach or reach . I need to buy a cable and brackets I guess . Just don’t know how to make it work at the moment

I don’t have a lockr at all .
I have installed a Clifford 4 bbl intake & holly 390 4bbl . And I can’t see how to get my throttle cable to attach or reach . I need to buy a cable and brackets I guess . Just don’t know how to make it work at the moment

toss up some pictures of the cable and carb you have now and we'll figure it out

if i remember correctly, the slanties had the longer throttle cable, so it should fit just fine
as for attaching the cable, you should be able to just swap the stub from the old 2 barrel onto the new 4 barrel

-
Back