Slant 6 Model Kit?

-

64DartGTinAZ

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey you model builders - got a few (hundred) dollars for a kit I never knew existed? While searching for some other slant 6 topic, I found a link to a Revell kit that had sold on some site that wanted me to get a trial membership to see how much it sold for...checked ebag and there are two for sale now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REVELL-SLAN...170849098?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item3ccefee54a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revell-Chry...870242007?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item460d438ed7

No idea who would pay hundreds for an old model - you could buy a full size /6 for less and build a real running model! ;-)

I thought at first that people were asking megabux but not actually getting it, so I looked in completed listing.

Most sell for $80. One sold for over $600. Damn.

Saw the title and thought I'd found a discussion about 1/24-scale Slants—which I desperately need for my scale Scamp replica!

No idea who would pay hundreds for an old model ;-)

That'd be this guy right here :D

This "review" from five years ago pins these rare classic kits at around $100, and it's possible they've shot up a bit since then, but even $200 sounds a bit high to me. I'd drop $150 on a good/great condition one, though, built or unbuilt.

But maybe that's just 'cause I've more glue and paint under my fingernails than oil (for now, anyway—that should change this summer!).

I have the 1/24 slanty 10$ plus the ride
Saw the title and thought I'd found a discussion about 1/24-scale Slants—which I desperately need for my scale Scamp replica!

That'd be this guy right here :D

This "review" from five years ago pins these rare classic kits at around $100, and it's possible they've shot up a bit since then, but even $200 sounds a bit high to me. I'd drop $150 on a good/great condition one, though, built or unbuilt.

But maybe that's just 'cause I've more glue and paint under my fingernails than oil (for now, anyway—that should change this summer!).

Thanks for the tips/offers, guys, but I just solved my own problem: found a Slant in an old Lindberg Dodge 330 kit buried under the rest of my stash! Too many models, too little time...

I traded a 20% built Visible V8 Chevy smallblock model for some old Cast valve covers. I feel I got a good deal.....

Saw this at Allpar and thought the model would be cool for my cave. Not $200 dollars cool.

revell.jpg

-
Back