Slant 6 mod's

-
Thanks for the info Dan, helps a lot. I will have to wait for spring, since I have it put away for the winter, to check this out. I am sure the car has high highway gears. I do not have a tach in the car, but maybe that may be a nice add on to see how it revs at highway speed.

If I skip the cam will my horsepower increase enough to wake up the slant 6 enough to make it fun on the street for cruising? I am not interested in seeing how fast my car will go in a straight line for a quarter mile stretch, but I love to rev a little at the stop light.

Dude. Just chop your muffler (and cat) off. The car sounds like a race car, and it's the cheapest option. It won't go any faster, but it makes a world of psychological difference.

Funny, I am debating because I have to do some exhaust work on my car in the Spring. The pipes are really bad, especially the header pipe on the stock exhaust. So, I either keep it stock, or covert to dual exhaust, either with headers or Dutra duals. If I go stock then I will probably not bother doing anything performance wise to the car.

-
Back