Slant 6 OEM valve cover

-

TechMavn

Reaction score
looking for 1970 225 ci valve cover. needs to be in good shape no dents, painted or not, anyone have that ? TY, plse text me. david 310 617 3070

looking for 1970 225 ci valve cover. needs to be in good shape no dents, painted or not, anyone have that ? TY, plse text me. david 310 617 3070
I have several, but I'm no good at identifying them by year model alone. If you can post a picture for example.....

Here's what I have. Now it's nasty and has surface rust, but that's ALL. There's no rust through or heavy rust anywhere. It'll be a nice one all cleaned up. Just send me a PM if you're interested. I don't wanna break the rules by making this a for sale thread.
DSCF1678.JPG
DSCF1677.JPG

i think any 225 ci will work, ill send pic over weekend
Not quite. There was a split off, 1981 and up when they went to hydraulic lifters were different than what an 80 or older head takes. I know you said what year you have but that's not saying that someone didn't swap heads or even whole engines in that time.

I have one from a 1974 slant, pretty sure a CA car. No rust as I recall, but the blue paint is chipped. The rubber grommets are likely degraded. Real cheap, say $10. Shipping would be pricey, but catch me on an L.A. trip, like say leaving Nov 24 and returning Nov 29, going to Reseda, Santa Monica, LAX, and Huntington Beach, so PM if close enough to hand-deliver and heads-up so I can take it off the spare engine. I'll trade you even for an Offenhauser aluminum cover if you happen to have one, or an aluminum 2 bbl intake. Heck, I'll even kick in $20 extra.

Next trip down south might be around Xmas. Check my other slant parts I've been listing on the Sacramento cl for 6 months (only 1 part sold, pain to repost every 7 days).

-
Back