Slant 6 parts

-

george joseph reid

Reaction score
Where can I get /6 engine parts like water,fuel pumps. Head bolts , gasket set ect. All the local chain stores like NAPA Oreilleys ect have no listings. For a 73 225. thanks.

A wanted ad here on FABO. Have you tried Rockauto?

rock is the ****. Just watch shipping.....got a water pump for $7 on closeout! Most external slant parts interchange for a 25 year span. throw out another year and model with a 225.

Rock Auto is ok, but yes after shipping do you really save ? Mat be cheaper to check NAPA etc.

Where can I get /6 engine parts like water,fuel pumps. Head bolts , gasket set ect. All the local chain stores like NAPA Oreilleys ect have no listings. For a 73 225. thanks.

Have no listings? You caint be serious.

At the risk of getting blasted by 318 guy I'll say it.."Call UTG" Cross thread points! :)

What I would do is, whatever store is most convenient to you, go on their web site and look the parts up yourself. Get a running list of part numbers and take them into your local store. I can go look up all the parts you mentioned on the OReilly site right now except maybe head bolts and find them all. My local store, while they don't stock those parts can get them sometimes same day.

The key is to know that they don't call it a "225", they call it a "3.7", that's all.

Thanks for all the replies. This is for one of my Buddys. He is an old Gummer and is a computor dunce. I did look but I guess not far enough. Looks like they made the 225 till 2000? That might help and the stuff should be close. Got to help where you can.

Thanks for all the replies. This is for one of my Buddys. He is an old Gummer and is a computor dunce. I did look but I guess not far enough. Looks like they made the 225 till 2000? That might help and the stuff should be close. Got to help where you can.

I think 87 or 89 was the last year in the US, but they were made later in other parts of the world.

You have to be careful though, because I think in 81 they started hydraulic lifters and used many different parts including of course lifters, pushrods, rocker shaft and rockers and even the cylinder head is different.

ata real parts store where employees actually have something called a brain, that's where.

ata real parts store where employees actually have something called a brain, that's where.
LOL! Those places are becoming a thing of the past. There was a Car Quest in an old car dealership in Middletown Pa. Auto Zone put their store in a half a block down the street. The Car Quest was closed after a year. Small store owners can't compete. It's a shame because the CC had real parts guys working there. I went into Advance Auto recently asked the guy for "Plastiguage"he didn't have a clue.

Owning old cars, you kinda have to be your own parts guy.

Owning old cars, you kinda have to be your own parts guy.
I walk into the local Autozone / Advance Auto / NAPA with the part number of what I am looking for. I don’t go through the BS of: make model year engine transmission,,, I just say,,, this is what I want. End of story.
I usually price shop between those three plus RockAuto when making purchases, unless it is something I absolutely need that day, in that case I leave RA out.

I walk into the local Autozone / Advance Auto / NAPA with the part number of what I am looking for. I don’t go through the BS of: make model year engine transmission,,, I just say,,, this is what I want. End of story.
I usually price shop between those three plus RockAuto when making purchases, unless it is something I absolutely need that day, in that case I leave RA out.

Me too! I do all my own lookup. If I get the wrong thing, it's my fault.

-
Back