Slant 6 Racing @ Knoxville Dragway 9-20/21

-
I am still looking for that elusive 7.32 Slant 6 B Class N/A 1/8 Mile record. It will not happen this weekend. Maybe If I go to a lower elevation such as Mason Dixon, Cecil County, or Budds Creek I could get it. I have run it once before but the air - D/A has to be there / low enough to do so.
It would rip it up at Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, Georgia.

Sorry to repeat a bit of the story from above, as it is cut and paste from another place.. But it is a full rundown of the weekend's shenanigans.
9/23/24:

Ruster traveled to Knoxville Dragway and Won every round of Slant 6 racing for the weekend.

Started by getting all loaded up at the Shop earlier that week:

Left the greater Pittsburgh area Thursday nite about 8:30 PM

Drove solid into West Virginia, where at about 1:30 AM Friday I found a good area to pull off that was not hogged by 23,416 Truckers that had the same thought as me.
The Rest Stop off I-77 has a scenic overlook above the Bluestone River Valley. The gate says "CLOSED AT DUSK" but it was clearly open at 1:30 AM when I pulled in and camped out under the sublime moonlight.

I got moving again maybe about 5:30 and was ready for the double tunnel in the route.

Once you cross over Flat Top Mountain in WV, it's net elevation loss to Knoxville.
I had a Beautiful breakfast at a Rest area along I40 in TN, checked a few emails then pressed on to Maynardville.

I arrived at Knoxville Dragway at about 500 Miles and 8.5 Hours Driving time, which is not bad for an ol' 318-2 Pulling through the mountains.

Before Racing Lou and I found the Big Ridge State Park and did some hiking near Lake Norris, One of those TVA Lakes, you know they are everywhere in Tennessee.

It was mostly Hot, so the air and D/A was not there to set records.

Ruster Ran 15 Laps and had some electrical bog for the last 4 passes and somehow won every slant 6 round for the weekend.
Man that's great! Congratulations! So what kinda prizes did you win?

Man that's great! Congratulations! So what kinda prizes did you win?
I got some ca$h, I think 200 Each Night, It’s not a lot but it’s good. Also I won some Gill Welding Goodies, Bryce Gill will probably get in touch with me soon to select my prizes or store credit.

Last edited:
I got some ca$h, I think 200 Each Night, It’s not a lot but it’s good. Also I beige I won some Gill Welding Goodies, Bryce Gill will probably get in touch with me soon to select my prizes or store credit.
That's badass. Maybe one of these days, I can attend.

-
Back